Archived New Employee here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have soooo many questions and before I start, i’ve just gotten hired and my orientation is tomorrow. Oh, and I’m also a minor so fun!

1. Not a question but I haven’t gotten my school to sign my school authorization paper since it was the weekend and tomorrow we have it off due to veterans day so I’m nervous because I don’t know if it’s (school) open tomorrow.
2. What should I wear to orientation? I asked the person who did my interview and he told me the standard target uniform but I don’t want to be the only person dressed ready-to-go yknow?
3. I know it’s going to take place in the break room at my location but I don’t know any other way to get through there other than going through guest services.
4. At orientation do they go straight into sending us onto the floor and shadowing other employees or do they hold as captive and make us watch training videos I’ve heard about?

Also, any helpful things I should know about before working there?

Orientation was easy. When I arrived, I went right to the team member/hr area since I saw the person who hired me. You can go to guest services and they'll tell you where to go. Nobody wore the red/khaki uniform - there was about 10 of us. You watch movies for about an hour and a half and fill out paperwork. They then give you a tour of the store and visited main backroom. You go back to team member services and fill out some more paperwork and then go home. It was a little less than 3 hours for me. Good luck!

If the person interviewing you told you to wear red and khaki to your orientation, I would probably just do it. Better safe than sorry! At my store they’ve started doing some training the same day as orientation (they didn’t when I was first hired) so everyone wears red and khaki to their orientation (or black and khaki if they work flex)

Welcome!

If you were told red and khaki, wear it. You're probably going to do some cashier training that day (since Thanksgiving is next week).

original.gif

Yup, if you were told to wear red and khaki, do it. My orientation, we were told not to do so because we wouldn't be doing anything on the floor, just looking around, but you may be getting some actual training on how to do things as well. We also didn't have to watch any training videos, we just went over some papers, then tried logging into the system and creating a password so we could log into the devices we use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back