Archived New Expectations Workshop????

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceprincess

Softlines/Visual Merchandiser
TL's/ETL's: My store just finished undergoing the remodel (We are a NEXT GEN store). A lot of incredible managers are leaving the store and we are getting stuck with less than spectacular managers. My department, A&A (Softlines), has been told by one of the visual merchandisers that in July, all TM's are getting called in for a "New Expectations Workshop" and if we do not meet these expectations then we face termination.

Basically, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about what these new expectations are going to be. I recently had a bit of a disagreement with my ETL because she would not approve my avaliablity for school. I am concerened abut my job security.

New expectations are focused on modernization. Engage with guests, focus on blending service and tasks, actively sell. That's what modernized core roles are shaping into, and if you don't fulfill your core roles - as with any workcenter - corrective action will follow.

TL's/ETL's: My store just finished undergoing the remodel (We are a NEXT GEN store). A lot of incredible managers are leaving the store and we are getting stuck with less than spectacular managers. My department, A&A (Softlines), has been told by one of the visual merchandisers that in July, all TM's are getting called in for a "New Expectations Workshop" and if we do not meet these expectations then we face termination.

Basically, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about what these new expectations are going to be. I recently had a bit of a disagreement with my ETL because she would not approve my avaliablity for school. I am concerened abut my job security.

I think you have two different issues here:

1. The " New Expectation Workshop" is just like it sounds. New Expectations as we continue thru the Modernization process. We are completely Guest driven; we have a selling culture; we have a business "responsibility" to bring joy to our Guest. Once the "official" training/workshop is complete..... you will be expected to perform at this new level, each and every day. OR..... coaching and corrective action will occur; possibly ending in termination.

2. Your change in availability due to school should not be an issue. We have several TMs that have limited availability due to school, other careers, or family situations. My suggestion is to always "barter" an arrangement that benefits the store as well as your needs. Offer to work every Saturday/or Sunday. You need to sacrifice a little to gain what you truly want/need in your schedule. If there's an issue w/ your ETL; try to look at the situation from both sides, professionally and personally.

So, whether you work one day a week, or 5 days a week, you will be required to adhere to the New Expectations. There's no getting around it.

New expectations are focused on modernization. Engage with guests, focus on blending service and tasks, actively sell. That's what modernized core roles are shaping into, and if you don't fulfill your core roles - as with any workcenter - corrective action will follow.

The good news about this, however, is we will all get rocking talking points on our resumes, to explain our termination at Target. We can also use it as experience, with watching a once respected and successful business, eat its own.

In August, we actually roll out a new Mascot!

Francisco_de_Goya%2C_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo_%281819-1823%29.jpg

I think you have two different issues here:

1. The " New Expectation Workshop" is just like it sounds. New Expectations as we continue thru the Modernization process. We are completely Guest driven; we have a selling culture; we have a business "responsibility" to bring joy to our Guest. Once the "official" training/workshop is complete..... you will be expected to perform at this new level, each and every day. OR..... coaching and corrective action will occur; possibly ending in termination.

So, whether you work one day a week, or 5 days a week, you will be required to adhere to the New Expectations. There's no getting around it.

Our store hasn't had it yet but it sounds like this is best answer. Sell Sell Sell! Since A&A was an area which was hit the hardest, we offered current team members that we diden't think could cut it the option to transfer to a different department. For some reason no one wanted to transfer though, even after we told them how demanding it would be.

Our store hasn't had it yet but it sounds like this is best answer. Sell Sell Sell! Since A&A was an area which was hit the hardest, we offered current team members that we diden't think could cut it the option to transfer to a different department. For some reason no one wanted to transfer though, even after we told them how demanding it would be.

It doesn't seem like there are better options in the same pay grade. Cosmetics? That work center requires selling and engaging, too. Market? That work center is just demanding and a character builder overall…

Also, in my experience, aside from concrete things like guest comments or my checkout sales, leaders tend to believe that their favorites/the more outgoing TMs are doing everything right, while the more reserved TMs aren't. I always greet guests and try to sell and inform the guest of sales, but all my leaders assume I'm not doing that because I'm not having a twenty minute conversation with them every shift and kissing THEIR butt….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back