Archived New Flow Lead in need of info

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnicalHALLLLP

Y'all got them new Iphones?
So recently got promoted out of AP into Flow TL. Running into alot of issues without much of a clie on how to contend with them

Our store is struggeling with a weak backroom, qnd understaffing. We are a large volume with 5 2200-2700 trucks a week and usually a schedule of 12 or 13 team members.

Im a month in and not sure how to either efficiently get push-all done with so few team members, or dealing with overspending hoirs to get trucks done before 8.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you guys setting the line at night?

12 people seems like a small team. How long are their shifts?

Yeah line is -mostly- set the night before. Everyone on 4 hour shifts save my cardboard guy and my top guy who are here till 11.

330 start time 4 am main crew

Yeah line is -mostly- set the night before. Everyone on 4 hour shifts save my cardboard guy and my top guy who are here till 11.

330 start time 4 am main crew

We moved people to 3 and 3.5 hour shifts which allowed us to add more people to the team.

12 people just doesn't cover a lot of ground IMO.

Got a 2700 with 300 plus repacks and a 12 man team in the morning. If I can survive it hopefully I can get some support or some changes. Though Ive got to cut nearly 60 hours already.

Got a 2700 with 300 plus repacks and a 12 man team in the morning.

Though Ive got to cut nearly 60 hours already.

n6GqwKc.jpg

Wooooooo that did not go well. Got B pushed to completion. Beyond that have about 16 palettes worth of freight now in the backroom and truck.

Total of 12 people after a call out, and have to cut people right at 8. Gunna be a rough day.

2600 tomorrow

12 TMs are not enough, especially with 4 hour shifts.

I got 5 TMs on repacks/carts, 1 chemicals/paper, 1 bowler, 3 softlines/Babies, 1 pipo, 1 Electronics/Toys/Sporting Goods(who also help bowl) 1 trash (2 hrs to help push, 2 hrs to do trash), 1 in B, and at least 3-4 TMs pushing casepacks (pets, chemicals, HBA, Domestics, and Plastic), and 1 TM pushing autos/repacks for domestics.

And then me, a TL.

Wooooooo that did not go well. Got B pushed to completion. Beyond that have about 16 palettes worth of freight now in the backroom and truck.

Total of 12 people after a call out, and have to cut people right at 8. Gunna be a rough day.

2600 tomorrow

You be screwed, lol.

Yeah we managed with the other TLs to reduce the freight we have to tack on to tommorrow to just 2 palletes rear seasonal and about 3 palletes of toys

You should be running at least 18 on a truck of that size. How long is your unload taking?

You're not going to get 2000+ trucks done with 50 hours. Sounds like your store is aiming to get the basics done with the flow team and cleaning up the rest with other work centers. Or, you're not counting end to end teams that are pushing their own freight.

Currently we are off the truck around 540. And maybe manage tonget through A. Today is a tinier truck but weve rolled about 6 palettes of HBA and a palette of toys onto today from the past two trucks.

Now somehow Ive even over spent further which im not sure how that happened.

Ive been catching a lot of hell for the amount getting completed and was told not to roll anything over again

Where’s your ETL in all this? Sounds like you’re being set up for failure. Also, and I’m no unload expert, but it sounds like that’s taking way too long, but that may just be because of your lack of TMs.

Last edited:
What is the flow team expected to push? There is no way to address your concerns if no one knows what your responsibilities are. No store is the same these days, for all I know, your store has end-to-end teams push Electronics, Apparel, Consumables, and Beauty. If I got 50 hours and didn't have to push any of that stuff, I'd be happy.

What is the flow team expected to push? There is no way to address your concerns if no one knows what your responsibilities are. No store is the same these days, for all I know, your store has end-to-end teams push Electronics, Apparel, Consumables, and Beauty. If I got 50 hours and didn't have to push any of that stuff, I'd be happy.
Sounds to me that you need clear cut clarification on what you and your team is responsible for. I too agree with others sentiments as if your store has end to end teams responsible for their own freight. Last thing you need at Spot to be working with a a big (I think so) hanging over your head.

Yes, E2E info would help. Your start would be to check RWT against your scheduled hours. Maybe even check MyTime to see if flow is over or under posted. Flow TL will require ammo at all times if your team is under that much scrutiny.

Yes, E2E info would help. Your start would be to check RWT against your scheduled hours. Maybe even check MyTime to see if flow is over or under posted. Flow TL will require ammo at all times if your team is under that much scrutiny.
Yes RWT is truly there to assist when higher ups go asking questions. If RWT is saying your process is to be completed WAY past the majority of the time your team is scheduled, you have a valid case and “back up” whenever you are talking to management.

Can I ask why you are doing a push all on those size trucks? It seems like a set up for failure.
Push all really isn't that much of an impediment for productivity. If a store has things set up correctly push all can run better than scanners.

A push all with that volume seems crazy. There's definitely backstock on a truck that size especially this time of year w transition. Almost but not quite 25%. Why touch it twice if you don't have to.
We wave zone. We actually start in home because of the amount of time it takes to detrash. If the truck is super big we can active huddle chem or paper quicker then home. In general we have a HBO combo person who pulls and bowl HBO and sorts the combos. A chem/pet puller/bowler who also takes care of the autos. A person who takes care of stat/housewares (b) and pulls and bowls home/domestics/platics (c&d) toys will not get bowled this time of year nor will seasonal. Babies gets done once unload is done. Everyone starts on the line once a pallet is ready the bowlers will begin. Also have (c&d) combo person who sets up cages and such. My combo people are scheduled til 9 because we know they can't be pushed realistically by 8. TL helps with pulling, autofiils in home keeps team moving. He helps with pushing without gettin locked down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back