Archived "New" focus on guest experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My STL was excited after a conference call about big changes involving guest experience. Honestly, it sounded like more of the same to me. I think they want us to do even more price adjustments than we're doing but that's about it.

Do any of you know of anything new that's happening?

Logistics is getting ready for a major overhaul that will be putting more TMs on the floor throughout the day.

He talked about not making the guests wait to check prices. We really don't follow the $20 rule any more either.

No no no!, Not about just he front end. The focus is on guest service throughout the store. How everyone can impact the guests shopping experience. Previously we had to follow the newest rollout which always looked great on bulletin boards but the practice was crap, i.e. power hours, can I help you find something etc. The focus will be and my opinion should be in simply letting the guest know we appreciate their business by acknowledging them, smiling,(thats a no brainer but take a minute a look at some of your team mates, totaling ignoring guests) keeping the floor filled and keeping our stores clean and team members on the floor to help. Also getting back to what made Target the place to shop in years past was our inventory.. We had some really great and unique products at a fantastic price. We are going back to that! At the front lanes, no more damn coupon cops! Speed weaving and guest interaction from the GSTLS (going to have to drag them away from their chats at starbucks in our store). It think this is going to be culture shock for quite a few people. Im actually pretty excited about climbing to the top of the retail world with service and product.

Meshes well with Starbucks.

Smile.
Offer a friendly greeting.
Learn customer names and orders.
Assume the best in others.
Say Thank-You.

Maybe not the orders part, but some names, maybe.

No no no!, Not about just he front end. The focus is on guest service throughout the store. How everyone can impact the guests shopping experience. Previously we had to follow the newest rollout which always looked great on bulletin boards but the practice was crap, i.e. power hours, can I help you find something etc. The focus will be and my opinion should be in simply letting the guest know we appreciate their business by acknowledging them, smiling,(thats a no brainer but take a minute a look at some of your team mates, totaling ignoring guests) keeping the floor filled and keeping our stores clean and team members on the floor to help. Also getting back to what made Target the place to shop in years past was our inventory.. We had some really great and unique products at a fantastic price. We are going back to that! At the front lanes, no more damn coupon cops! Speed weaving and guest interaction from the GSTLS (going to have to drag them away from their chats at starbucks in our store). It think this is going to be culture shock for quite a few people. Im actually pretty excited about climbing to the top of the retail world with service and product.

nOd4krN.png

There's a lot to unpack here so I'm gonna break it up.

can I help you find something etc

exactly how do "CIHYFS" fail and how is it crap; it's a good way to start a conversation with a guest.

I just cannot bring myself to smile on the floor; I'm busy and focusing on a multitude of things.

keeping the floor filled

Okay.

team members on the floor to help

Yeah corporate's been doing a WONDERFUL job of that recently lmao.

Also getting back to what made Target the place to shop in years past was our inventory.

If people would actually push properly, we wouldn't have massive fuckin' issues. I deep-zoned..."laminate storage" I think it was, yesterday. It's the POG with the cloth storage cubes and the Room Essential/Threshold cubbies and ITSO stuff. It hadn't been zoned in ages because it's the backwall and nobody pays attention to it.

20 outs. I agree, we need to focus on our inventory. But clearly we're not.

We are going back to that! At the front lanes, no more damn coupon cops!

So you support the extreme couponers and us getting ripped off? Gotcha.

Im actually pretty excited about climbing to the top of the retail world with service and product.

So, do tell us, what is the corporate office like?

Wow there's some serious anger issues. I will break it down in return
CIHYFS- the concept was decent however telling someone exactly how to approach a guest was fake, uncomfortable and grammatically incorrect. They just want you to engage the person in a way you feel comfortable
Yes overstocked is a real issue, that is an accountability issue. Also the lack of zoning was a payroll issue. Scheduling will be done with the guest in mind. More people during peak times.
Coupon cops- of course there are scammers and good cashiers know where to hold the line. I am talking about the cashiers who scrutinize every single coupon matching pictures etc. or calling the sales floor to check for a $1 difference in price on a $20 item
Focusing on a multitude of other things- THAT is what they want to change. The guest is the #1 focus going forward. And smiling and being friendly is going to be a requirement
Corporate office- ha ha ha. I have been with this company for a very long time but nowhere near corporate. I have seen roll outs come and go, stock prices rise and fall and focuses shift. I applaud Target for realizing they need to shake things up to stay relevant when so many brick and mortar retailers are failing.
Negative attitudes have never been okay the difference is now we will be held accountable. They are going to remodel hundreds of stores, bring in great new clothing lines new home lines etc and change the way we schedule. We are going back to guest first service. Retail is not for everyone and that's okay.
The last few years have been really tough for people who have been with the company long term. We have watched as they gutted payroll, let standards slip and turn a blind eye to the way America shops now. I am excited that they are doing something about it

Yeah, but I hope they realize we need hours for that... as soon as they get rid of the "less hours for them means a bigger bonus for me" mindset for execs and higher, THEN we can finally move towards what they want. But that's never gonna happen.

Wow there's some serious anger issues. I will break it down in return
CIHYFS- the concept was decent however telling someone exactly how to approach a guest was fake, uncomfortable and grammatically incorrect. They just want you to engage the person in a way you feel comfortable
Yes overstocked is a real issue, that is an accountability issue. Also the lack of zoning was a payroll issue. Scheduling will be done with the guest in mind. More people during peak times.
Coupon cops- of course there are scammers and good cashiers know where to hold the line. I am talking about the cashiers who scrutinize every single coupon matching pictures etc. or calling the sales floor to check for a $1 difference in price on a $20 item
Focusing on a multitude of other things- THAT is what they want to change. The guest is the #1 focus going forward. And smiling and being friendly is going to be a requirement
Corporate office- ha ha ha. I have been with this company for a very long time but nowhere near corporate. I have seen roll outs come and go, stock prices rise and fall and focuses shift. I applaud Target for realizing they need to shake things up to stay relevant when so many brick and mortar retailers are failing.
Negative attitudes have never been okay the difference is now we will be held accountable. They are going to remodel hundreds of stores, bring in great new clothing lines new home lines etc and change the way we schedule. We are going back to guest first service. Retail is not for everyone and that's okay.
The last few years have been really tough for people who have been with the company long term. We have watched as they gutted payroll, let standards slip and turn a blind eye to the way America shops now. I am excited that they are doing something about it

That's not anger issues, that's me calling you out for a post that to me reads as sucking the corporate cock.

Target is like that one Ex you have, that's aware of their issues, and constantly promises to fix their issues...but never actually does it. They ride on the hopes that just the promise is good enough.

My favorite piece of corporate b.s. is how they want a hotel lobby at guest service yet my store switched to 4am so there are pallets, cages and carts all over the floor when we open at 7am until about 10 as an A plus volume store.

My favorite piece of corporate b.s. is how they want a hotel lobby at guest service yet my store switched to 4am so there are pallets, cages and carts all over the floor when we open at 7am until about 10 as an A plus volume store.

You should see my store. I'm so proud of my team, we're one tank of fancy water away, from looking like a hotel lobby. Sometimes I just like to stand and look at how well maintained it is. I was going to boast about how easy it is if you get the right people there, but all of our surrounding stores clearly struggle as well. So easier said than done. :rolleyes: Target also sucks with consistency...just like a terrible Ex!
463d69ac5459139b75491df6cccdedb2.jpg

...and nothing on the counter. Ever. With the new, cashiers now do returns and card payments, maybe, no guests either?

We were told to expect a visit yesterday with the focus on the front end being "sterile." Yep, sterile.

Apparently, all the guests that complain daily about us being out of what they are looking for, no one on the floor to help them and the long lines up front really just want everything up front to look really pretty!

The next time I hear, "Ridiculous! 24 lanes and only 2 open!" or, "It's getting as bad as Walmart!" I'll say,"But did you see our guest service counter? What's wrong with you? It's pristine!!!!!"

What are they doing with their reshop then??

And cashiers are doing returns at their check lanes???:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back