Archived New FoodAve CrispyCakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrin

Beauty, Front End, Fulfillment
anyone know if these are supposed to be frozen and thawed accordingly? I came in and found them in the freezer but one of my cafe peeps are a bit...incompetent so I’m not sure if they’re supposed to be in there lol

There’s no keep frozen on the box so I am assuming not?

They look like they would be awfully hard to eat frozen, so I would assume they should be thawed before serving. They're probably kept frozen to help keep them fresh and from starting to melt or get sticky in warmer places.

From their about page:

Crispery About Page change: The Crispery® Crispycakes™ have a guaranteed shelf life of 6 months if kept at a stable room temperature environment in their original sealed package. No special refrigeration is required.

It's possible they didn't ship frozen, but someone stuck them in the freezer at your store because they didn't know where else to put them. Better to assume they need refrigeration and be wrong than the other way around.

Knowing spot they always go “above and beyond” and are extra, at least that’s what my Food Safety Management Trainer told me. “We say 4 hours but target wants 3 so, do 3.”

Probably like the SB Dream Bars; they come frozen but thaw nicely.

Those are kept frozem , like the cookies and thaw them as needed with a 14 day shelf life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back