Archived New forced to smile policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been told to focus on the front end experience and the Regional Director said that if there are cashiers that have bad attitudes and refuse to be friendly and smile to get rid of them by any means necessary.....there's only 2 or 3 other people that can go against what he says among me and my leadership teams hundreds....

Smiling helps. I made an effort to smile more around the time I started with Target and it helps me and makes the experience better for the guest. I never really have bad guest interactions because of a little smile and giving the guest the benefit of the doubt.

Also, if you ignore the year on the responses to this thread, the dates follow pretty much flawlessly. 10/10/15 to 10/12/16 lol.

I feel like workers at Caribou Coffee do this... at least the caribou RIGHT next to my Target the workers are always smiling and really nice. Not sure if genuine but it's nice actually. I'm a pretty nice guy myself and I hate when a worker is drained or stressed from their job and doesn't feel like engaging in much conversation. I try to be as talkative as I can be as a target cashier... but sometimes it's hard.

Soon we will be asked to wear flair.

yikes! i can see spot doing this too. to make it easier to single out "evil" doers!

Like this banana box from the prep room expresses exactly what my face looks like when I'm at work...
VD2JxaZ.jpg

i died when i saw this pic! youre awesome!

I only smile after a good app or recovery, other than that, I'm always frowning.

I smile at guests (without turning into a cheerleader), but I don't just smile at most co-workers and leaders. I'm not paid to be fake to them, so they get to see the adorably self-deprecating, sarcastic version of me. Sometimes I'm that with guests, but I think I'm pretty good at reading which ones are open to that kinda thing. I get guest compliments cards and survey mentions even without being cheerleader peppy so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong... Except when I'm scheduled to cashier. I hate it up there. Idk how to talk to them up there. I'm like "So, how bout those pretzel buns?...."

Last edited by a moderator:
No way in hell I'm gonna have a fake smile across my face when I'm doing planograms and revisions. I kind of need to actually focus.
I don't do it with guests at all but I think I have pretty serious resting bitch face when I'm working

If this policy comes to my store I bet the entire flow and planogram teams would get fired. NOBODY on either of those teams look happy (especially the planogram team since the PPTL is an incredibly difficult woman to work with). Literally the only flow TM I ever see that looks happy and acts cheerful is this one surfer/stoner type guy who's almost a bit too happy lol

Reminds me of when our store became cruddy after our old leadership left and our new STL mentions at huddle, "SMILE, BE HAPPY, I'm sorry, I know you guys don't like coming in here everyday."

Most depressing store huddle ever!!:confused::oops:

Almost 6 years ago, I started out with a nervous face. It developed into a smile once I figured out how to Target. But as the years have gone by, the smile has become a poker face. And now the poker face is quickly developing into resting bitch face.

Like this banana box from the prep room expresses exactly what my face looks like when I'm at work...
VD2JxaZ.jpg

I was running the compactor the other day after someone had dumped a bunch of banana boxes, and seeing the "faces" get smashed reminded me of this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back