New Fulfillment Team Lead need some advice

Hello everyone I got promoted to Fulfillment Team Lead recently and just wanted to ask for some advice on a few things. For some insight I am a internal promotion and remaining at my store. I do not have sfs so I just have to worry about Opu & Grocery opu. My question is how can I make changes in the beginning without seeming too overbearing to my new team members? What are some key tactics I can use to make low inf %? What should I avoid doing? What are things that I’m supposed to know and am not specifically told? Any other advice for this position would be appreciated, thank you!

Become friends with your guest service/drive team, the SETL, and the sr TMs who close. You will have to share a workspace with them when putting items to hold and they can be a valuable ally to help you hold your team to your expectations and prevent mistakes.

Low infs depend on how well your store does with data accuracy. If your trucks are completed then its going to be much easier. Audits are your best friend. Make sure everyone is calling for infs. If an area is particularly bad have them call the tl for that area. Proper scheduling is also very important. If your team is constantly under the gun to make it on time they have less time to properly look for the missing items. Basically when everything is going good low inf is easy. When its a mess everyday it can be very frustrating.

Remember this above all else: Your team is comprised of human beings. If their metrics are green, don't keep pressuring them to have better and better productivity. They have limits.

Failure to remember this will result in call outs and eventually even your best TMs quitting.

Remember this above all else: Your team is comprised of human beings. If their metrics are green, don't keep pressuring them to have better and better productivity. They have limits.

Failure to remember this will result in call outs and eventually even your best TMs quitting.
OMG. This is Our store. Our SD says "Nothing less than 100% is acceptable." Badgered about everything. Nothing is ever good enough.

Back