Archived NEW GE SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at our store we got a new Ge and it seems like hes letting everyone's requests for time off expire and auto deny on purpose and then he schedules us... I am an active military member and when I requested off it got auto denied and he said it's my job to make sure it goes through. WHERE IN MY JOB DUTIES DOES IT SAY ITS MY JOB. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? The whole store hates him event the other Etls. My solution will be calling the hotline soon...

He’s new - and he doesn’t have any power over the other ETLs, talk to your ETL-HR or your STL. You should be checking in with your ETL-GE if you submit a time-off request, though, at least that’s how it is in my store

WHERE IN MY JOB DUTIES DOES IT SAY ITS MY JOB.

It might not be in your job description, but if you want time off you need to be willing to advocate for yourself and get a lead or leader to approve it. You could try talking your your ETL/SrTL-HR or STL.

Sometimes you do need to at least mention it once. If they keep blowing it off, then you have more reason to be frustrated. I know I got frustrated with them auto denying my time off requests and it happened frequently even after mentioning it like everyday and gave them ample time to approve or deny it.

So at our store we got a new Ge and it seems like hes letting everyone's requests for time off expire and auto deny on purpose and then he schedules us... I am an active military member and when I requested off it got auto denied and he said it's my job to make sure it goes through. WHERE IN MY JOB DUTIES DOES IT SAY ITS MY JOB. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? The whole store hates him event the other Etls. My solution will be calling the hotline soon...
Just call hotline and get his ass booted. He's not doing his job.

This is a frequent problem with my fairly new ETL-Log, and it is downright annoying!

I usually mention an upcoming time-off request during my weekly status with her (LOL - I know that's funny, fellow PMTs...) and then submit it in eHR right after our status. 99% of the time, she will wait and wait and wait... AUTO DENIED.

So I resubmit it on Friday afternoon right as I am leaving for the weekend, only to return on Monday morning to find it... AUTO DENIED. Half the time I have a typical Monday and don't get a chance to check it until around lunchtime, and then I've missed the cutoff and have to make sure that they don't schedule me. The other half of the time I take care of it by resubmitting it AGAIN first thing on Monday, and then my Log makes the schedule without even checking it. By the time the schedule posts... AUTO DENIED.

I took a few days off recently and after they were auto denied the first time as expected, I didn't even bother. We didn't have a status for several weeks (shocking... o_O) and when the time came to do the schedule, I just told my ETL-HR (on my Log's day off) that my requests were auto-denied again. She was aware of the issues and just took me off the schedule on the spot. I never even mentioned it to my Log. I got a text at 6:45 AM on the first day, asking where I was and if everything was okay. I texted her back around 9:00 and told her to check her grid again... I didn't get a text the next day. :rolleyes:

All of her other TLs have the same problem, and nothing has changed. My ETL-HR even went into myTime to verify that all of the proper roles were selected, but my Log continues to claim that she "doesn't see them". The next time off request I submit I am going to try to use a calendar invite in Outlook to remind her.

If that doesn't work I am going to start copying my ETL-HR and my STL on the calendar invites. After that, I will start calling the hotline!

Sounds like your ETL-HR and/or STL need to develop spines and tell the ETL she needs to be looking at time off requests and not just blowing them off. If they're "aware of the issues" they should sack up and actually be leaders and address the issues.

As others have said it is not an uncommon problem when you have a new ETL it takes time for them to grow into their role. Some longer than others. If it were me I would keep track of your time off requests and remind your ETL that you have submitted a request. Your schedule is ultimately your responsibility and you need to make sure you are following up. Is it annoying? slightly... but if it gives you peace of mind that your requests are being viewed I would do it.

Another tip... don't call the hotline unless this becomes an ongoing issue that your store is unwilling to fix. ETLs, especially the fresh out of college new ones, need time to grow into their routines. It took mine a while but she is getting better.

As others have said it is not an uncommon problem when you have a new ETL it takes time for them to grow into their role. Some longer than others. If it were me I would keep track of your time off requests and remind your ETL that you have submitted a request. Your schedule is ultimately your responsibility and you need to make sure you are following up. Is it annoying? slightly... but if it gives you peace of mind that your requests are being viewed I would do it.

Another tip... don't call the hotline unless this becomes an ongoing issue that your store is unwilling to fix. ETLs, especially the fresh out of college new ones, need time to grow into their routines. It took mine a while but she is getting better.
They can only be given a few chances. They are young enough and their brains should be functioning properly and shouldn't take that long to stay on top of routines. Its always excuses for them but we have a life outside of Spot and it is annoying to have to go to 10 different people to get your day off request put down in the schedule. I'd put that bitch on CCA. Because some ETLs are real snotty and such assholes.

They can only be given a few chances. They are young enough and their brains should be functioning properly and shouldn't take that long to stay on top of routines. Its always excuses for them but we have a life outside of Spot and it is annoying to have to go to 10 different people to get your day off request put down in the schedule. I'd put that bitch on CCA. Because some ETLs are real snotty and such assholes.

This is true, and I am not excusing them. It is more than annoying when they don't pay attention to the requests and they get auto denied. I am just the type of person that annoys the bajeezus out of my ETL until she checks my time off - mostly because I don't want to have to fix her mistake if I get scheduled because she missed it. I am involved in a lot of different things outside of Spot so I get wanting to have a solid work life balance, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back