Archived New GM with questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I've barely started working at target as a general mechandise expert. They've given me some training and I feel comfortable but I do have questions that I've asked my trainers but they all didn't give specifics and just that you learn as you work.

Working in general merchandise, can someone explain steps of the first things you do when you get to work?( like clocking in, getting a walkie and zebra, then what?)

Do you have to speak in the walkie that you are going on break or on lunch?

Can you wear black jeans to work?

With upulls, do you just grab any of them if they are from your section?( like if I work in health and beauty, i grab any upull that has product from that section?)

Check what department you are scheduled in before you clock in. After clocking in and grabbing available equipment, find out what needs to be done like CAF pulls, go-backs/reshop, zone etc. through your TL and other TMs who maybe scheduled in the same department from a different shift time. Don't be afraid to ask questions because it's all all a learning process and you're new. Everyone had to start somewhere and it's never going to be perfect.

All stores aren't the same [ASANTS], so that's a question you can ask your TL or TMs if it's required to walkie when you are heading out for breaks/lunch. My store wants us do that, but it depends who is charge really.

ASANTS so you can actually ask your HR team what's the store's policy. Technically in California, we are permitted to wear solid black pants/jeans, but my store only permits blue jeans or khakis.

As for upulls, I don't have a lot of experience because my primary workcenter is Front Ends. For upulls, it tells you what section of the stockroom you're supposed to pull from. It's a follow-the-prompt on the screen. Highly suggested to grab a vehicle so you load whatever you pull and sort by what goes with what before you go ahead and push the merchandise. Like I said, I don't have much experience to upull, but I have done it for the End Caps and Cartwheel couple of times. Please correct me if I'm wrong or chime in what else I could have added on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back