Archived New Hardlines TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I recently got hired as a regular hardlines (or general merchandise as they’re trying to rebrand it now). I have done a day of training and I only have one more training shift before I am set free to do whatever. I have looked around tons of forums here so I’m sorry if these have been answered in some capacity already!!
1. Are abandons all that I do? I had a 6.5 hour shift training and that’s all me & my trainer did besides for backstocking very briefly, holding keys for eletronics and helping customers there, and cashiering. We also did a pick but she said she usually doesn’t do that. When I asked her if this was all she did she said pretty much yeah.
2. Should I be expected to help in electronics? I was holding the keys a couple times for the man working and my trainer was answering the phone, helping customers. I know not a lot about electronics and I don’t understand how to answer the phone or what to say.
3. On my first day without training, should I just grab an abandons cart and start doing that? I barely used my walkie at all when I was training and am still kinda nervous about it. Idk who I would be asking for other assignments if I didn’t have abandons. I worked from 12-6:30 so there was lots of abandons, but next week I’m taking a shift that’s 6-10pm so would there not be as many abandons at this point?

Any other tips or things that would be good for me to know are appreciated! I know in time I will understand things so I am not that stressed out. I just wanna know what’s gonna get me along till I understand!!

I don't work in hardlines so I could be wrong, but i would imagine you would also zone, making everything look nice and full.

Push freight, backstock, shoot audits, pull batches and push those. Backstock whatever won't fit out. Set sales planners, do revisions, price changes, and yes do strays and zone. And help guests. And backup cashier. And take your lunch and breaks on time.

If all they do is strays all day they're doing it wrong.

It depends where the store is at in modernization. My store the inbound team still pushes the truck

It depends where the store is at in modernization. My store the inbound team still pushes the truck
Then your store is doing it wrong. Lol. It may be your ‘Inbound team’, but they are also supposed to be dedicated business owners. Inbound hours should only be used for unloading the truck and they should be scheduled under Hardlines with a specific area after that.

Then your store is doing it wrong. Lol. It may be your ‘Inbound team’, but they are also supposed to be dedicated business owners. Inbound hours should only be used for unloading the truck and they should be scheduled under Hardlines with a specific area after that.
My entire district is behind on modernization. They have reduced the amount of inbound hours by only scheduling the first half of our shift as inbound and the rest as sales floor. The rest of the inbound team that doesn't psychically unload the truck and only pushes is scheduled under salesfloor too but they still report to the backroom TL (our inbound TL was termed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back