Archived New here with a few questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am new here and to Target itself. I actually have a few questions.

I was "hired" by HR and approved of by the STL. I was scheduled for orientation and went this past Thursday. Orientation included watching a short video as well as giving HR our driver's licenses and social security card to put us in the system I guess? Orientation lasted around 3-4 hours. I was introduced to different departments and trained in the lanes. However, my background check hasn't cleared, thus I am waiting for a call from HR to tell me when it is so I can be added to the schedule and begin working.

I don't know how often to check or why it is taking so long to clear. I've heard horror stories of background checks not clearing for 2-3 months. I wouldn't wait for this job then, as I would hope no one would if it would take that long. (I've been recently hired at Michaels for PT replenishment, and my background check went through so quickly?) I applied for different positions as I am not new to working in retail, however I have been placed in Hardlines.

Does anyone have any insight or answers as to what this means? Waiting for a background check? I have called and checked but HR said it still hasn't cleared. Would they waste their time and resources if they didn't want me as an employee?

Last edited:
A lot of times it doesn't have anything to do with the background check and everything to do with having the hours/man power to train you.
Considering how tight stores are running right now even the slap dash training that Spot is famous for might be stretching the budget.

A lot of times it doesn't have anything to do with the background check and everything to do with having the hours/man power to train you.
Considering how tight stores are running right now even the slap dash training that Spot is famous for might be stretching the budget.

Even so, I am being told that my background check hasn't cleared. If that was the case, they should say something. I could assume they would have enough hours to train me since my orientation consisted of 5-7 more people being hired on as well. :/ But you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back