Archived New HRTM with a couple questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently became an hrtm about 2 weeks ago and am still a bit confused about some things.. can anyone who knows a thing or two about hr and some of the work we do message me to help me out? Mostly payroll things.. charging out hours, missed punches, that kind of thing.

Glad to help, HRTM is a great job once you get on a roll. It is a lot at first but you will get the hang of it. Feel free to message me or simply post your questions on here.

Thank you! I do have a kind if off the wall question right now.. can you call the nurseline even if you dont recieve healthcare through targt?

Thank you! I do have a kind if off the wall question right now.. can you call the nurseline even if you dont recieve healthcare through targt?

Great question! I have never tried it but I believe it's open to all TMs, give it a shot?

For future reference, anyone can use it. :) thanks for the help!

NurseLine
The NurseLine is a free resource available to all team members that provides a first step in seeking nonemergency health services. Nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help you make good health care decisions and to provide peace of mind.

Call the NurseLine at 866-553-8711

Take about a half hour at the beginning of the day and go on workbench. When you go to HRzone you will find the answers to most of those questions. Then print them out. Start a file for yourself. Right now there a so many hours to charge out with all of the different projects. Then there will be a big lull.So if you have it printed out you can go back and reference it.
Hr is all about routine and organization. It gets easier everyday. But there are days when no matter how well you planned things are going to go south....fast! Thats when you just smile and prioritize. You do the best you can. Payroll Monday get that stuff done right away, Then dig into pre-edits. Wednesdays are all about the schedule. Tuesdays Thursdays and Fridays are "stuff" days. Get your trainings updated, FF&F calendars and planning things, update set schedules etc. See if you can get your ETL HR to have a 15 minute chat every Monday to update you on whats coming up. Use your outlook calendar! Put all kinds of things on that sucker-FF&F events, TINV, LOAs return dates. Also if you work weekends, take the time to grab some mints or lifesavers and walk the store offering them to the team. They need to know who you are and are comfortable with you.
Hr has a lot to remember, but all of the information is right there. You just need to find your routines and then execute it.
You'll get it! We've all been there

Routine, routine, routine is exactly where it is at. Now that we are going into Q4 it is important that JAS be reviewed everyday. Seasonal hiring takes up a lot of time. Set up a time to make a great grid with your ETL-HR so that you can do a plug and chugg with the staffing plan. It makes a huge difference. ASK QUESTIONS. There really is never a bad question. Also remember you cannot solve every tm's problem and fix schedules. When it comes to changing schedules, and outside of the swap shift board changes, have great conversations with the TL's who write the schedule. Sometimes they have a plan for certain tm's and if you move them at the tm's request is can cause issues. Open communication is key.

Learn how to charge out hours especially for the RFID phase 1 and 2 going on right now. Great advice about about making a little binder or reminders and instructions. It is a huge lifesaver!!

Good luck and welcome to HR.

Thank you! Do any of you experienced HRs know if we have to charge out hours for PMTs when they are working ither stores?

IIRC any hours providing support to other stores is charged out to that store unless district dictates otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back