Archived New HRTM with questions!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! I recently completed orientation and I have my first shift coming up! I just have a few questions on what to do when I first get there. I've never done anything similar to Human Resources and I just want to be ahead of the game and excede expectations.

When I first get to the store and clock in and put my stuff away what do I say over the walkie to my Team lead?
Will they tell me what to do from there over the walkie or is there something I'm supposed to do or somewhere to go?
What all am I going to be responsible For?
Any suggestions or tips to just make the whole training processes easier for both my self and my team lead?
Thank you so much!!!

HR doesn't usually need to say anything over the walkie. Your desk is in the offices area where the time clock and lockers are, so you also don't really need to go anywhere else when you get there.

If your store has an HR Team Leader, that's fairly rare and could mean there are other HRTMs as well, and the duties could be split up in different ways.

My store's most recent HRTM was hired from outside the company and she seems to have picked things up quickly and is doing fine now. So hopefully you'll be able to learn as you go.

Are you training at your store or outside of it?

HR is one of the few work centers where your training is actually what's going to help you sink or swim.

If you have another hrtm they can show you the ropes. Super important to learn the routine and how your store does things. I have done HR at four stores as either a trainee, sub or employee and all had their own quirks.

Do you have an ETL HR or a senior TL hr?

I am training at my store currently.

Today was only my second day, and there is a lot of stuff I have to remember, but its seems manageable after some time.

Our store is rebuilding its HR department currently, and I believe I have a senior TL training me right now.

Remember that as a hr tm you will see things and hear things that you need to keep to yourself. I joke with our hr tm all the time about how I know she knows all the juicy gossip. She always tells me well sitting up here I hear all kinds of things. Then I always look at her and say you are not going to tell me are you. She says no Im not...we both laugh and I walk away. IF she did tell me I would think less of her. Trust and discretion is a huge part of her job. We have a hr tm training at my store...so if you happen to be at my store...you are being trained by the best !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back