Archived New Line 4 Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I work in softlines. Was recently told we will be carrying Hunter boots and some apparel soon . It so popular and they launching on Saturday. Hope this is handled better than Lily Pulitzer

I heard it's a temporary thing, not a permanent brand. Yay and boo. Yay that it's not another thing that has to be squished in and maintained, boo because those things always require detail zoning at all times, not detail zone, walk away to do the rest of the floor for an hour or two and then come back.

Yeah we're getting it in our Trend Spot area

Y'all know those temporary tables they put up in seasonal? They want us to put one of those on top of another one.

Not fucking happening.

Peered at the new incoming stock the other day ... it's pretty crappy quality. The boot tops look as if a kindergartner used their plastic safety scissors to trim the excess material, the "welding" is uber-uneven, the logos are not cut uniformly and are affixed crooked with glue visibly squished out from underneath and now we have to audit the shoes/boots due to mismatched sizes and labels. Nice. I'm sure it will sell, though.

Last edited:
Some people were able to preorder them with their red cards. The reviews online are PRETTY bad.

I think I'll save up and buy the real deal instead of purchasing through Target.

Yea we got some of it in and they've had tm's wearing the visors and hats to promote the brand, which is pretty supbar even by targets standards. Sweaters with the hunter logo completely off center, pants with threads hanging loose, and the selection is pretty bad, mostly just basic stuff with the logo slapped on.

I don't really get what target was thinking with this line, personally i thought goodfellow was a great brand follow up, loved a lot of their first release stuff, and i like the universal thread shit, i wish they'd do something like that for guys, the whole country feel denim fashion thing. But this hunter crap, yea....

I actually like some of the items and look forward to Saturday. They are as good as the real deal. Some of the items are appealing to me. Easy to clean and spacious. I don't know why anyone working in retail with low pay unless an exec would rather get the Hunter stuff that's twice as much when you can just get the Hunter for Target. True the boots smell but they are rubber. And everything and anything is made in China or Vietnam these days. Who cares. Corporate America doesn't care whether or not I will have enough $$$ to have a roof over my head. I just bought a bedding sheet set at my store for $5 on clearance. That's how I'm saving $$$ for Saturday's launch.

oh shit. This is sad. I like a lot of what I saw online. I got the bum bag out of the stuff they have TMs wearing. It's cute af. And there's a pair of sneakers I want based on the pics. I think from what I can see in the images, this is among the more wearable target collabs.

the reviews on the site are hilarious. Some of the stuff isn't part of the redcard presale, so clearly fake reviews, and then there's someone who reviewed a bunch of the boots comparing them to genuine hunter boots (there's a dot on the bottom apparently), some people are angry the unisex sneakers don't come in a size 6 and thaaaat's shitty tbh.

I think a lot of the stuff for it is actually pretty visually appealing. Did they do a shitty job on some of the items? Yes. But I was lucky we only had to damage out like 3 or 4 items.

I think a lot of the stuff for it is actually pretty visually appealing. Did they do a shitty job on some of the items? Yes. But I was lucky we only had to damage out like 3 or 4 items.
Look again you must be kidding only 2 or 3 really. We had about 2 or 3 hundred.

Yeah we're getting it in our Trend Spot area

Y'all know those temporary tables they put up in seasonal? They want us to put one of those on top of another one.

Not fucking happening.

I think I’m building those tables tomorrow during the day. I know the signs say after store close but I feel we should have extra people around just in case. Those tables are heavy and unsteady.

There are already bad reviews on Target.com for the boots.

You know something is bad when you have bad reviews BEFORE the launch even starts.

I'm SO glad I'm not working Saturday, and I get out before the store opens Sunday.

I decided to ask someone on the Hunter Boots website about the Target launch because the general view among team members is that we're getting a great deal on $160 boots. So, I asked if these are the same boots at a limited time only discounted rate, or if these are completely different boots. This is the response I got:

"These are not Hunter boots offered through Target, but the boots which were designed in collaboration with Target. So yes, they are rather different boots that are exclusive to Target, that is why they are cheaper. They are not made in the same way as original Hunter boots."

I decided to ask someone on the Hunter Boots website about the Target launch because the general view among team members is that we're getting a great deal on $160 boots. So, I asked if these are the same boots at a limited time only discounted rate, or if these are completely different boots. This is the response I got:

"These are not Hunter boots offered through Target, but the boots which were designed in collaboration with Target. So yes, they are rather different boots that are exclusive to Target, that is why they are cheaper. They are not made in the same way as original Hunter boots."

So in a certain way, this collaboration is similar, to Target's collaboration with Idiocy, INC, on its work with store modernization?

Peered at the new incoming stock the other day ... it's pretty crappy quality - can't believe Hunter allowed their name to be associated with it as their traditional items are top-notch. The boot tops look as if a kindergartner used their plastic safety scissors to trim the excess material, the "welding" is uber-uneven, the logos are not cut uniformly and are affixed crooked with glue visibly squished out from underneath and now we have to audit the shoes/boots due to mismatched sizes and labels. Nice. I'm sure it will sell, though.
I guess the Laosian children were tired that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back