MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
My registers had not been changed out since 2007 (that's when our store was built), ever since this new POS was released it killed 7 out of my 23 registers. On top of that, they installed cash drawers at self-checkout instead of the ATM models. our remodel has been canceled 7 times over the several years and is expected to reschedule the remodel within the first couple weeks of January...... imma need to request a vacay real quick.

My registers had not been changed out since 2007 (that's when our store was built), ever since this new POS was released it killed 7 out of my 23 registers. On top of that, they installed cash drawers at self-checkout instead of the ATM models. our remodel has been canceled 7 times over the several years and is expected to reschedule the remodel within the first couple weeks of January...... imma need to request a vacay real quick.
Dang that really sucks. I don't blame you if you wanna take vacation to get away from that nightmare.

With this new POS rolling out onto service desk registers next month I can already imagine how many complaints I am going to get with this system being so restrictive. i cant even do a simple ID return on this system.
If it’s at GS no way they’re going to make it that it’s reduced with features. No way in hell.

Cash drawers at SCO? How.. How does that work?

If it’s at GS no way they’re going to make it that it’s reduced with features. No way in hell.
I’m gonna call the csc and demand the old system when they try switching ours. It literally won’t work with how busy our store is. Corporate is stupid like they don’t listen to what we have to say. Like we are the ones that use the system everyday.

I’m gonna call the csc and demand the old system when they try switching ours. It literally won’t work with how busy our store is. Corporate is stupid like they don’t listen to what we have to say. Like we are the ones that use the system everyday.

When we had our remodel, they didn't update the front end very much. They left our SCOs alone. We have the ATM type.

When we had our remodel, they didn't update the front end very much. They left our SCOs alone. We have the ATM type.
Our self checkouts are getting redone. I don’t know if we will get new ones tho because we also have the atm ones.

this will not accomplish anything. all stores will be off of classic by the end of q3, period

Something I honest to god wish they did was have the application preloaded. On each machine have the ability to set the default application. Like front can use checkout, GS would auto put you into GS.

what an example of what I’m trying to go with is think of it like a car. If the car is already started and waiting for the user to hop on and press gas. The way it is now is okay with logging in but in electronics do you know how much of a bitch that’s going to be? We move ALOT if we have to wait 15 second to login.

So wait for the user to input their authorization and once it’s on just launch minimize the login screen and resume checkout. I feel I explained this very poorly but I hope you understand.

Something I honest to god wish they did was have the application preloaded. On each machine have the ability to set the default application. Like front can use checkout, GS would auto put you into GS.

what an example of what I’m trying to go with is think of it like a car. If the car is already started and waiting for the user to hop on and press gas. The way it is now is okay with logging in but in electronics do you know how much of a bitch that’s going to be? We move ALOT if we have to wait 15 second to login.

So wait for the user to input their authorization and once it’s on just launch minimize the login screen and resume checkout. I feel I explained this very poorly but I hope you understand.
You explained it well...it's a massive pain in electronics. Even if just the loading time for the launcher was cut out and only the checkout app had to load it would be an improvement. But between waiting for the screen to wake up, tapping in TM ID and PIN, waiting for the launcher to load, waiting for the checkout app to load it's terribly slow. The guest probably wonders what the hold up is. It has made using the myCheckout faster for cards which is saying something...

Why can it not just auto lock after say a minute and when I need to ring up another guest I could enter my PIN and immediately be back at the checkout screen?? Keep me logged in (because I'm the only one in tech outside of break coverage during a shift) and just lock it between transactions.

You explained it well...it's a massive pain in electronics. Even if just the loading time for the launcher was cut out and only the checkout app had to load it would be an improvement. But between waiting for the screen to wake up, tapping in TM ID and PIN, waiting for the launcher to load, waiting for the checkout app to load it's terribly slow. The guest probably wonders what the hold up is. It has made using the myCheckout faster for cards which is saying something...
Do you have them at your electronics? If so god is with you.

Why can it not just auto lock after say a minute and when I need to ring up another guest I could enter my PIN and immediately be back at the checkout screen?? Keep me logged in (because I'm the only one in tech outside of break coverage during a shift) and just lock it between transactions.
NO HONESTLY!!! Something that is so up in the air no one knows the answer to and it might be my temporary saving grace in electronics is that our mobile rep doesn't have a device login. Meaning they cannot log in to the PoS which is a huge problem. So either target is going to give them functioning myDevice logins OR they're never going to update my computers in electronics

marketsource or at&t cuz if marketsource they should have provisioned tm numbers that let them use the register

at any rate it’s not going to stop any kind of rollout lol

Yes have had them for like a month…it’s not fun.

And yes, a speed ID would cut out the entering TM ID part, but that is a small portion of the process…
I think my only saving grace is the fact that the mobile reps don't have device logins so they don't have logins for the new system.

Exactly! They will never take functions away that inhibit/ impact the options to do what’s best for the guest and make it right... but I’m sure we will find out at the same moment the guest does!!! 😂

I swear the post void option was on the new POS a week or so ago. This week, I've tried to post void for a guest at the CL registers but couldn't find the option anywhere.

Hey so they’re swapping over the POS systems to Linux! They’re testing a few registers at my store and we’ve been told not to use them because they’re buggy. But when they work switching between apps is FAST. I did a speed test from the second I clicked Sign In and then Instore Checkout and the windows systems took 15 seconds and the new ones took 5

Hey so they’re swapping over the POS systems to Linux! They’re testing a few registers at my store and we’ve been told not to use them because they’re buggy. But when they work switching between apps is FAST. I did a speed test from the second I clicked Sign In and then Instore Checkout and the windows systems took 15 seconds and the new ones took 5
Nice! Should be instant though

love that they enabled them and specifically said don’t use them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back