Archived New Presentation Team Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just become the presentation team lead right before the next big transition set, I’m only slightly worried about how to get this whole sorting out the work to my team (my team being 3 whole people counting myself 😂). My SrTL who had the position before me has been showing me how he did sorting buuuuuut I’m just curious how anybody else does it. Do you go full on with revisions then just pick a couple transitions to accomplish? Or do you focus on the transitions first? I’m welcome to any ideas or suggestions for the world of presentation!

It really depends on how big your transition is. If an entire department is in transition, focus on that first because there may be a lot of freight needing to be worked out and clogging the backroom. And if there are adjacency moves (product moving to different aisles), better to get the nasty stuff out of the way earlier in the week. Revisions within a transition area can be done along with the pogs.

If it's a smaller transition, no pog moves and not every aisle having a new pog, those are easier to pick and choose which ones to do along with revisions. My team is large enough, we have one person on revisions all the time and only pull her to help with really big transitions once in awhile.

Also keep in mind which days are truck days for your store. Non truck days are easier to set aisles with a lot of moves or that have pallets to be worked.

Thanks! The first transition I’m dealing with is entertainment. I sat down today and really looked at the work load and took your advice on working the revisions in with the pogs. It made a lot of things make sense so thank you very much!

For some reason. I feel like I know you.

What are those?

We've lucked out and now have 3 days during the week with no truck since one of our truck days moved to Saturday. Q4 will likely add that 4th trailer again so back to only 2 days. Perks of being an LV store!

Thanks! The first transition I’m dealing with is entertainment. I sat down today and really looked at the work load and took your advice on working the revisions in with the pogs. It made a lot of things make sense so thank you very much!

Glad I could help. I really enjoy the logistical planning of transitions!

Sorry, guys. It gets significantly more difficult for us to maintain some semblance of keeping up when we hit 5 trailers in a week. Which has only happened a handful of times over the last decade. And when we get slammed with a lot of transition pallets all at once, plano tends to fall behind temporarily. I don't envy what you all have to deal with on the regular.

Sorry, guys. It gets significantly more difficult for us to maintain some semblance of keeping up when we hit 5 trailers in a week. Which has only happened a handful of times over the last decade. And when we get slammed with a lot of transition pallets all at once, plano tends to fall behind temporarily. I don't envy what you all have to deal with on the regular.
Of all of the teams in the store, plano NEVER gets pulled to push truck. Everyone else is fair game but we leave them be.

Trailers every day is the breaking point for most stores without adequate staff. We can't staff Thursdays for some reason. So with no overtime we end up with two poorly staffed days and weeks of trucks daily with no reprieve.

Of all of the teams in the store, plano NEVER gets pulled to push truck. Everyone else is fair game but we leave them be.
Not fair. We ARE the salesfloor most days, comprising half the team between pricing/ plano/signing. And any day myself or the pptl isn't there they pull the team for a full day of truck, then send emails asking what the plan to catch up is...

Not fair. We ARE the salesfloor most days, comprising half the team between pricing/ plano/signing. And any day myself or the pptl isn't there they pull the team for a full day of truck, then send emails asking what the plan to catch up is...

My pptl got tired of them pulling that nonsense, using Plano under Plano hours to push truck and then wondering why Plano was behind. She now schedules Plano under truck or hardlines hours when Plano hours are light and makes sure hardlines is staffed to work the truck when Plano cannot (she's in charge of hardlines too). It helps that our current stl does not like people working outside their workcenters unless they are scheduled that way.

At least your PPTL can write the schedule. The HR or STL does it for my store and they don't listen when it comes to how plano or pricing hours need to look for the week. We are always a day or 2 behind sometimes 3 all beacuse they are stupid and they pull us to push truck when its chaos. They are not ones subjected to doing the work and therefore they challenge us on why are we not current. Its not for a lack of not trying. Its because of all the added expectations on top of what we already do. There are days where I want to just give up and let it all go to pieces but then my conscience kicks in and tells me "you are not that kind of person! Do something to fix it!"

Last edited:
At least your PPTL can write the schedule. The HR or STL does it for my store and they don't listen when it comes to how plano or pricing hours need to look for the week. We are always a day or 2 behind sometimes 3 all beacuse their stupid and they pull us to push truck when its chaos. They are not ones subjected to doing the work and therefore they challenge us on why are we not current. Its not for a lack of not trying. Its because of all the added expectations on top of what we already do. There are days where I want to just give up and let it all go to pieces but then my conscience kicks in and tells me "you are not that kind of person! Do something to fix it!"
Yup. We hand over a schedule and pray they stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back