Archived New Registers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my store is getting all new registers and we aren’t getting trained on them at all. It’s gonna be a cluster F any advice on how to get through this? I’m a GSA so everyone is freaking out especially all the other GSA’s. I know things are rolling out differently in May so stuff is gonna get interesting

search "From Transactions to Guest Interactions" on Learn @ Target for the advocate training and the leader guides.

also, i have a lot of the information with me here at home so if you have any questions i might be able to help. i don't physically have the new system yet though

So my store is getting all new registers and we aren’t getting trained on them at all. It’s gonna be a cluster F any advice on how to get through this? I’m a GSA so everyone is freaking out especially all the other GSA’s. I know things are rolling out differently in May so stuff is gonna get interesting

I heard we're getting them, too. I certainly hope so. We get a lot of guest complaints about our current setup at my store, so getting new ones would be nice.

There’s a new register interface coming later this month/year; iirc, it’s comparable to what’s currently at self checkouts if your store has them, hence touch screens. There’s some other neat tools coming with it too, like the ability to order things from target.com at the register. It’s being piloted in a few hundred stores with full rollout by end of Q3 I think...

Hope they have scales to weigh produce ??

Banana eaches is the shits.
That’s not the issue— our current ones have scales, they’re just disabled in non super targets.

I’m excited for new POS but I’m worried for GSTMs. Right now, we know all the “back routes” to make things right if need be. And we know what error messages *really* mean (not always what they say.

We’re gonna have to relearn all that and in addition to relearning how to cashier, we’re gonna have to relearn basically our entire job.

That’s not the issue— our current ones have scales, they’re just disabled in non super targets.

I’m excited for new POS but I’m worried for GSTMs. Right now, we know all the “back routes” to make things right if need be. And we know what error messages *really* mean (not always what they say.

We’re gonna have to relearn all that and in addition to relearning how to cashier, we’re gonna have to relearn basically our entire job.
Lol the rest of the store has pretty much had to relearn their entire job. Gotta earn that $15 like the rest of em!

fwiw they haven’t even coded in the ability to do returns yet

I sometimes have to do tax exempt purchases. I don't cashier so I don't have much room to talk but whoever rings me up often times types very slowly into the system, using mostly one or two fingers. I have a feeling the touchscreens are going to make it even slower, though I'm hoping I'm wrong

THe fact that no one has thought of the idea of a universal barcode to scan in exempt ids is insane
Exactly. Most of the time when I do tax exempt I end up going to Walmart. They keep a copy of the IRS letter on file and give you a card that has a unique number for the organization. The cashier just enters this number and it automatically pulls up the organization's information. Not as simple as a barcode but it is so much quicker than Target's process.

THe fact that no one has thought of the idea of a universal barcode to scan in exempt ids is insane
I agree but there are just so many different kinds and different retailers accept different forms so it wouldn’t work everywhere. Some places only need the tax number and others like target need a lot more info. Also you can get a tax exempt ID for almost anything and target doesn’t allow resale tax exemption like people who own a business have. A universal barcode wouldn’t allow you to ask what organization or such so idk it would work but I can see why it hasn’t been done yet

I agree but there are just so many different kinds and different retailers accept different forms so it wouldn’t work everywhere. Some places only need the tax number and others like target need a lot more info. Also you can get a tax exempt ID for almost anything and target doesn’t allow resale tax exemption like people who own a business have. A universal barcode wouldn’t allow you to ask what organization or such so idk it would work but I can see why it hasn’t been done yet
The barcode could have encoded all the info, and retailers would just use the parts they need. Similar to drivers license

Exactly. Most of the time when I do tax exempt I end up going to Walmart. They keep a copy of the IRS letter on file and give you a card that has a unique number for the organization. The cashier just enters this number and it automatically pulls up the organization's information. Not as simple as a barcode but it is so much quicker than Target's process.

i don’t see why Target couldn’t build something similar into the New POS

Bonus points if they link it to wallet lol
Unfortunately I could see a lot of misuse happening if they could add it to wallet. There would be people who make personal purchases and would say they didn't realize the tax exempt was included when they 100% knew it was. Just like the TM discount. I sometimes purchase things for my partner and get paid back for it because I have a red card and the wallet is just so much faster than paying with card. It's such a hassle to remove the TM discount from the app that every now and then I'll just leave it active for the purchase, though I am very careful about when I do it

Some tax exemptions are for foreign diplomats. I've processed several of these tax exemptions as there are some foreign consulates in my area. Their tax exemption removes everything including liquor taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back