Archived New Repack Process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our STL was overheard saying that repacks will come in presorted by store aisles in the near future. Somehow/way the repacks will come in marked with the aisles/location on them.

Any truth to this?
I recently had a couple repacks. No locations on them but most items from a single repack went in one of 4 aisles.

Same thing is happening at the DCs as the stores I'm sure. Get it done fast and quick which means it'll be far from great.

I dont think it will work because my housewares map and your housewares map can be completely different. The DC would have no easy way to sort out by aisle for store 1, and then have a completely different sort by aisle for store 2and store 3, and yet a third completely different set for store 4. It would be impossible honestly.

I dont think it will work because my housewares map and your housewares map can be completely different. The DC would have no easy way to sort out by aisle for store 1, and then have a completely different sort by aisle for store 2and store 3, and yet a third completely different set for store 4. It would be impossible honestly.

I was speculating that It would probably be picked like the full case packs are now (label). The pick ticket (list) would reflect the store designation like our current labels marked with location. Once in the repack, circle a number (aisle) and a letter (location) according to the pick list instruction.

Our OTC/HBA repacks are getting much better. Would be awesome to have home better sorted oh and bullseye in its own instead of with stationary.

While a SrTL and I were digging through repacks today for an OPU, she told me this was supposed to happen soon. I told her, "Yeah, reshop might start doing itself someday too." She laughed.
I believe one building is about to go live and ours will be live by fall season. Complete new system with new everything. Gm has no idea how it will work, so no one else really does either. All Ik is that we are losing more warehous space for it.

It’ll only affect hardlines from my understanding and MN will be the first to go live, so if anyone is served by them they’ll be the first to know if it works.

Our STL was overheard saying that repacks will come in presorted by store aisles in the near future. Somehow/way the repacks will come in marked with the aisles/location on them.

Any truth to this?
Yes , we were told by our dtl at our Friday meeting .

can't wait to see how loosely "sorted by aisle" is interpreted by the DCs
Love how store tm’s can point a finger when they can’t even sort repack boxes by color. That’s alright pay the person at the dc $24 an hour to sort boxes instead of store tm’s doing it right the first time making $13 an hour.

Just another dangling carrot out of reach to try and make you hate your job less. By the time you realize it's not gonna happen it's been another 3-5 years you been working at target.
I was told to have faith . I responded that faith is for church ⛪️ 😎

Stores aren't nearly as big as DCs, mate. We don't have room to hold onto a billion repack boxes. We send them back whenever we can, however we can, whether it's all three colors on a single pallet or not.
Doesn’t have to be same color on a pallet but same color inside the same box would be nice. Not really rocket science 🧪. But like I said, easy work for $24 an hour.

DC's are getting a new automatic sorter called Opex Sure Sort that will sort repacks by aisle. So yes this is true.
Wait a sec...is to replace the OB sorter? I mean, if so, I'm all for it. We're running a 20+ yr old tilt-tray sorter, so it could probably use an upgrade. I just didn't think HQ would ever pony up the cash for such a huge upgrade.

No it doesn’t replace the OB sorter, it does what a packer does only by aisle instead of zone.
From a video we saw each store would have over 100 boxes, and the size of the box is between an m&m box and the red/brown boxes. It’ll be interesting if it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back