New reshop process

Our SD announced that from now on there are to be NO carts on the floor. The team is to use Uboats and repacks for all reshop. Anyone else doing this?

I haven't heard about it but this sounds terrible. Like there wasn't already a problem of not enough uboats to go around already!

We aren't using U-boats for reshop, bc that's insane, but we have been using 3-tiers.
On a conference call my SD had a few weeks ago it became mandatory (again) that we no longer use shopping carts.
I actually kinda like it. Now I can walk away from my cart and not come back to the contents being dumped on a table or endcap because a guest decided they should have it.

We've been using three-tiers for quite a while now. And Style keeps a double hung reshop rack at Guest Services. It's worked out well, except that GS does not process our returns at all. Even most of the stuff on hangers is just tossed into the bottom bin of the rack. It's always a jumbled mess.

Every visit we're told that next time if they see any TMs using guest carts, heads will roll. But, since our specialty sales teams have a habit of using 3 tiers for their pulls, not pushing them, and leaving them full in the back for days on end finding an empty 3 tier for reshop is impossible. So everyone's like well, guest carts it is. 🤷‍♂️

Every visit we're told that next time if they see any TMs using guest carts, heads will roll. But, since our specialty sales teams have a habit of using 3 tiers for their pulls, not pushing them, and leaving them full in the back for days on end finding an empty 3 tier for reshop is impossible. So everyone's like well, guest carts it is. 🤷‍♂️

Bin that stuff

as in Hanger Bin just load that thing up.

We use 3 tiers and the occasional uboat. The only area that still uses a shopping cart is the reshop for the lanes parked near the SCO before being sorted at Guest Services.

We’ve been using uboats and repacks at our store for a few weeks. It stays in the backroom. It hasn’t worked well so far, partly because no one can tell what is reshop, and what is push. Sometimes it’s labeled as reshop, sometimes not. And it clutters up the backroom. And...since I work in the front of the store, I prefer the guest services system.

We've been using three-tiers for quite a while now. And Style keeps a double hung reshop rack at Guest Services. It's worked out well, except that GS does not process our returns at all. Even most of the stuff on hangers is just tossed into the bottom bin of the rack. It's always a jumbled mess.
Before the remodel, we had two double hung Z-racks at GS, with yellow hanging dividers marked with departments so we could sort as we hung. We pulled plenty of hangers from the red hanger bin in all types and sizes, plus had a small parts bin organizer full of hanger tabs to change out as needed. We also had several Sterilite bins for folded clothing, accessories, shoes, and baby hardlines.

Now that the remodel is functionally complete, we're down to a single white rolling rack about 3 feet wide, with a white metal basket in the bottom and an MBD 6-bin hanging unit taking up half of the horizontal pole space. This is stuck in the hallway to the TSC, along with the hanger bin and a small table that holds that small parts bin organizer I mentioned above. There isn't anywhere to put empty hangers for easy access so that we *can* process Style returns. And heaven forbid anyone should need to walk through that hall while we're trying to deal with clothing, because there is simply no way to get around.

On a conference call my SD had a few weeks ago it became mandatory (again) that we no longer use shopping carts.
It's kinda funny how this rule is so totally ignored a lot of the time, even though it goes back like 8-10 years. No more shopping carts for cardboard, no more carts for backstock. No more carts for plano team. You'd get yelled at for having a cart in the backroom. Now-a-days I'll see guest carts full of shoe boxes by the bailer and fixtures all the time.

When they finally started enforcing it again, TMs started complaining about this "new cart rule". IT WAS ALWAYS A RULE, YOU JUST WEREN'T FOLLOWING IT.

We've been using three tiers for like a year now I guess. It's a pain in the ass because we still don't have that many. We have a z rack for style as well as a shelf for folded reshop which they never empty.

We are also back to sorting reshop at gs even though there's no space for it after the remodel. I wish corporate would stop trying to fix what ain't broke.

Bin that stuff

as in Hanger Bin just load that thing up.
putting all the softlines push on top of the hangers in the hanger bin is almost dead on the funniest thing ive heard in months about target...that shit is brilliant...they use vehicles and leave shit in them for days like we dont barely have enough to get pulls done and pogs set....cmon now.

We've been using three tiers for like a year now I guess. It's a pain in the ass because we still don't have that many. We have a z rack for style as well as a shelf for folded reshop which they never empty.

We are also back to sorting reshop at gs even though there's no space for it after the remodel. I wish corporate would stop trying to fix what ain't broke.
Its not about fixing what aint broke its about trying to find a way to make profit margins more palatable to the shareholders and corporate leadership...if you can call it leadership. Target is a great company ...to investors and higher ups. It's borderline pathetic for regular TMs and we don't have any real say in anything. The stupid yearly survey they do has zero impact on my store for 4 years now even though I know many people have called the hotline and put in bad reviews for many aspects of our store. I think most people I work with are just happy it's not Wal Mart.

I mean there's been a no carts rule for a while in many stores. But we're allowed to use smart carts at least, I've never heard of using U-Boats.

Back