Archived New roll out schedule- GM3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received my new role and responsibilities as GM3 from my SD yesterday. I was also given a crap set schedule that are mostly mids and practically closing shifts. I told my SD that that schedule wouldn’t work for me since I’m in school full time as well as an new dad come the month of the rollout. Is the leadership scheduling example really set in stone and no way to change it regardless of your availability? Has anyone talked to their SD and been able to have slight schedule changes made?

Attachments

• A4D58BB4-D7C2-4D00-AD29-AB74D3D8C86A.jpeg
    A4D58BB4-D7C2-4D00-AD29-AB74D3D8C86A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 263
Last edited:
I'd imagine they make an exception for school but not because your coming a dad. With youngest, I'd work until midnight. I did all the late night feedings and then still had to be up at 6 am. Welcome to being an parent.

I just received my new role and responsibilities as GM3 from my SD yesterday. I was also given a crap set schedule that are mostly mids and practically closing shifts. I told my SD that that schedule wouldn’t work for me since I’m in school full time as well as an new dad come the month of the rollout. Is the leadership scheduling example really set in stone and no way to change it regardless of your availability? I just find it selfish of target to force people to work their hours instead of working with people to help accommodate for their situations. Has anyone talked to their SD and been able to have slight schedule changes made?
Cmon, really ? Re-read your post. You may be great, but to me right now, You sound like a whiny brat. I hear:
“Please pay me for when I WANT to work instead of MAKING me work when YOU NEED me !!!!

I just received my new role and responsibilities as GM3 from my SD yesterday. I was also given a crap set schedule that are mostly mids and practically closing shifts. I told my SD that that schedule wouldn’t work for me since I’m in school full time as well as an new dad come the month of the rollout. Is the leadership scheduling example really set in stone and no way to change it regardless of your availability? Has anyone talked to their SD and been able to have slight schedule changes made?

Nope. To be in leadership you need have open and flexible availability. The reason behind the changes is to have most leadership there during peak times of the business.

Set in stone. You either work 10-6:30 or 12-8:30. Maybe if you’re in a really high volume with lots of tls there might be more shift options. Not at my 45 Mil level.

Cmon, really ? Re-read your post. You may be great, but to me right now, You sound like a whiny brat. I hear:
“Please pay me for when I WANT to work instead of MAKING me work when YOU NEED me !!!!
A bit brutal, I apologize, I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. It really was what I read though. Honestly, they are paying you to be there when they need you. Refuse the job offered if you can’t do it. Unlikely you will get special treatment cause that is opening a can of worms for so many others to complain that they don’t like thier schedules either.

My store is being a bit flexible about schedules.
Unfortunately there’s a lot of push over or old school SD/ETLs so I’m sure there will be plenty of stores making exceptions. My SD doesn’t really care but my DSD is a military man and is very firm with rules and rollouts

I completely understand the direction/reasoning for the new scheduling aspect. But to be honest, for me at least, being ETL-SS and 3 out of my 5 days being 11-9pm is just a little ridiculous. Being a mid $30m store, there really isn’t even that much traffic after 6. I’m willing to work and adapt to all this, but when the SD has their latest shift being 6pm for 1 day a week and using their kid as an excuse, i feel it’s pretty hypocritical considering my peers and I have been told that we have to re-evaluate our outside obligations and make it work.

If this is set in stone it’s going to be a sight to see an SD there at night time?! Ours maybe makes it until 4:30 as is. And the ETL (Unless CTL that day) are all just waiting for him to leave so they can leave. Or is it only set in stone for TLs? That’s going to go over well😅

If this is set in stone it’s going to be a sight to see an SD there at night time?! Ours maybe makes it until 4:30 as is. And the ETL (Unless CTL that day) are all just waiting for him to leave so they can leave. Or is it only set in stone for TLs? That’s going to go over well😅
The way I heard it explained, the closing lead reports to the store director because they are acting as an extension of them when the SD isn’t around aka at night.

The way I heard it explained, the closing lead reports to the store director because they are acting as an extension of them when the SD isn’t around aka at night.
I mean it says the SDs schedule includes 2 days of working until 8pm and actually coming in on Sundays for once and staying til 9. If the whole schedule part is set in stone it will be a sight to see. He is there 4 week days 8-4 at the latest usually gone by 2 or 3. And my ETLs follow his schedule and leave a few min after him. (Unless they are closing.) and maybe that’s the normal daily schedule for an ETL/STL as of now. If not I don’t think any of them would be happy with the schedule in the book. And would use it as more of a guide/if they could. It would be interesting to see what it looks like in action. (I don’t know if that makes any more or less sense, I haven’t slept in 28 hours.)

It depends . My gm3 comes at 6 or 8 am

The sample in the book is merely a guide, we will be straying pretty far from it

Yeah we were all pulled off stage again to go over that part due to people being unhappy about it.

Told that just as we rotate weekends, we would rotate the late mids of 12-8:30 which is pretty much everyone’s least favorite shift.

But the ending note was, availabilites need to adapt regardless of how long you’ve been here or here’s the door.

According to the guide GM1 should be opens because they run unload. GM2 should have opens and earlies because they run unload on GM1s days off and oversee plano. GM3 should do mostly mids/ late mids because they oversee fufillment which is a later process. I believe there is a little wiggle room but not much. Im a GMTL3

It's only flexible until someone at corporate gets wind of it, and then they're going to force you into terrible hours. We managed to make it work for the store and the team for two weeks before we were forced to change it.

And, lol, "whiney brat" for not wanting to give up time bonding with a new kid and to go to school to better themselves and their life? Give me a fucking break.
Yeah, Target rolled out new scheduling expectations that make 75% of your shifts life destroying for an adult, didn't raise the pay to accommodate the changes, and the next step up (ETL) requires a 4 year degree you aren't going to be able to get with their schedule? Yeah, completely unreasonable to be unhappy about that... /s

The ETLs at my store decided that this was a perfect opportunity to abuse the TLs, too, and not a one of them has worked past the time the closing TL comes in (3pm for us) since the roll out. I don't think any of them are even hitting 40 hours a week anymore, and their only job duty seems to be berating TMs on the walkie who dare to slip up and call for "LOD."
Yeah, sorry, it took me less than a week to find a job that pays exactly the same, and doesn't demand every waking hour of my life while my boss spends 30 hours a week sitting in their office while we try to get creative where we shove unworked freight all day and haven't zoned the store in a month.

OP, I know it's frustrating, but with wages going up all over, you're better off finding something different. Even if they make exceptions for you, it's temporary at best.

I'm moving up to an S&E TL position soon, was told I'd have rotating weekends. I'm hoping this schedule isn't set in stone at my store. I've been slaving away as a GSA on a shit 2 week rotation since like Q4. Occasionally I get an extra day during the week off, but those weekends are pretty much solidified. I have completely open availability.

Week 1:
M - off
Tu - Open
W - Open
Th - off
F - Close
Sat - Close
Sun - Open

Week 2:
M - Open
Tu - off
W - Open
Th - off
F - Open
Sat - Close
Sun - Close

The rotating schedule for some that are on the opposite weekend of me at my store going forward

Week 1&3

Monday 130-10
Tuesday off
Wednesday 9-530
Thursday 10-630
Friday 11-730
Saturday off
Sunday off

Week 2&4

Monday 130-10
Tuesday off
Wednesday 9-530
Thursday 10-630
Friday 11-730
Saturday wk2 9-530 wk4 130-10
Sunday wk2 9-530 wk4 1230-9

My schedule is similar but on a more rotating schedule

Mondays due to TNT
Week 1 8-430
Week 2 10-730
Week 3 230-11
Tuesday’s 8-430
Wednesday’s 8-430
Thursday’s OFF
Friday’s
Week 1 8-430
Week 2 10-730
Week 3 230-11

Weekend rotations are little trickier
Saturday’s & Sunday’s
Week 1 8-430
Week 2 off
Week 3 11-730
Week 4 off
Week 5 230-11/ 130-10
Week 6 off

The sample in the book is merely a guide, we will be straying pretty far from it

Precisely...especially considering, even more so now, that ASANTS.

I do find it incredibly disappointing that my SD copied the schedules verbatim for all the ETLs, but for their schedule, conveniently they have no “10-8” or “11-9” shifts.

Precisely...especially considering, even more so now, that ASANTS.

I do find it incredibly disappointing that my SD copied the schedules verbatim for all the ETLs, but for their schedule, conveniently they have no “10-8” or “11-9” shifts.
I mean, my ETLs were spared the 10-8 and 11-9 too lol

So far 1 of our ETL is getting slammed with mostly mids. The others still basically kept their mornings.
I have like 1 closing shift, 3 mids, 1 open.

I don’t think the schedule we have right now has the new roll out. As our Closing TL hasn’t officially started yet. I think the official schedule changes kicks in either week of May 5 OR the next one that’s being made currently.

The clincher for me was being told that since I work on the Store Director's weekend rotation, and that he believes it doesn't make sense for him not to be there right at open every single day (has nothing to do with him wanting to prioritize his family and his kids, while we don't care about yours, we swear!) and every one of my Fri-Sun shifts would be a late mid or a closing one.
Seriously, either everyone plays by the rules and suffers, or f off with that.

Just wanted to follow up on my last comment, schedule for 12-18 is posted. No one still has the new schedule changes yet...so idk how long they are holding off to implement this new roll out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back