Archived New Safety Policies (PIT, PPE, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal

How many of you guys have just had new safety policies roll out? I know gloves were made mandatory a couple years ago. But now we are required to wear safety glasses unless you wear prescription glasses.

And now some if the new PIT roll outs seem super excessive. 4 ft halo between you and any piece of equipment at all times. If you want to talk to someone on equipment it has to be off and they can't be on it. There were a few our building refused to start until we got more info from HQ such has if any equipment is more than 10 ft in the air no one can approach meaning that if two orderpickers were pulling on opposite sides of an aisle and approached each other neither could move since they also can't back up or if an RR or an OP are pulling at the end of an aisle all equipment at the end of the aisle all traffic in the travel aisles would be forced to stop.

We’ve had to wear glasses for over a year now. Those pit rules haven’t hit yet, besides not backing up, only 2 pieces of equipment in an aisle at a time no passing while raised.

PIT rules rolled out at our DC a few months ago......We just got hit with new feeding/packing safety standards. Only one cage cart/pallet at the mod at a time. We're required to feed six people still as well. Some of our packers don't particularly care about anything but hitting prod. So things are going to be interesting.

If the cart isn't empty (not a single carton) you can't back up

This rule is largely ignored by TMs and oms

For us gloves are mandatory if you are handling cartons, too many incidents with people cutting themselves with knives, vests for new hires within their 90 days, and safety glasses are only required if your OP has glass and not a cage on the front. As far as the no backing up, and pit rules, we don’t have any of those? Are you saying you cannot go backwards on a OP at all?
Not allowed to backup except when doing a y turn, at parking area, or down a certain aisle that is next to central depal. Other than that you are allowed to backup 2 bins in an aisle to reposition.

I think my DC may have been a pilot for some of these? We've had most of these rules for almost two years now. As for backing up with an OP, what they really don't want to see you doing is backing into or out of an aisle.

Any clue why no tripples in trucks became a thing? Doesn't really effect me but just seems odd.
We were told a while back that we couldn’t drive triples in because someone crashed pretty hard into the side and pinned their body against the wall and machine. Idk if it’s true or not, but that’s what the on’s said.

We were told a while back that we couldn’t drive triples in because someone crashed pretty hard into the side and pinned their body against the wall and machine. Idk if it’s true or not, but that’s what the on’s said.
I know thats why OB can't drive PEs down the lanes in the wing anymore because the riding area doesn't have guards so someone has pinned themselves against an extendo before. Though PRTs have guards around the driver same as RCs, so dunno how they would be less safe.

Has anyone else's DC rolled out that when you're training a new TM on an order picker that you both have to be on the platform and can't ride in the cart?

Sure has. We all looked at each other in disbelief during the trainer meeting.

I admit, when I was checking out warehousing I did ride the cart with the operator(This was while I was packing and deciding if I wanted to switch) and I had to ride on the platform. I was so uncomfortable with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back