Archived New signing member

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to The Break Room and just got a new position at my store. Started in softline last year and last month was given the signing “captain” job. Last signing person was my now team leader who does not want to let go of her old job and wont let me throw three year old csc signs away without making mean side comments to me all day. Also she is with me all day Monday through Friday with everything i do for the last month. Its hard to learn how to do signing when she is the one still doing it. Also just barely survived doing the reset in toys and baby all in the same week. Any advice on how to move my siging area from receiving to the fixture room, talk my TLs into actually back stocking displays, and what my daily schedule should be like in order to not miss any important things. Oh and any good reading meterial.

1. I would never move my signing area into the fixture room. Per Best Practice, signing is allowed at least 8 feet of bulk racking in the steel. There's often just too much signing to fit into the fixture room with everything else. However, some stores do make this work....though I don't know how!

2. Most signing team members on here will tell you not have displays backstocked. We find it easier to keep them with our signing stuff as they come in since we are the ones that put them out anyway (despite the new Best Practice that says otherwise). I have most people at my store trained to place displays in my area when they find them.

3. On Workbench, check out the Non-Pog Signing Guide. It updates monthly with the big stuff for your workload, but on a day to day basis, what you do will often depend on what Plano is setting. Also will depend on when your signing pallet for the week arrives. Also check out the Signing Thread on here, lots of experience!

A lot of what the signing team member does can be an ASANTS thing so just try your best to develop good routines now for what works for you. This will help you keep up on the bigger reset weeks. Hopefully by the end of October you'll have it down- Christmas is coming. And for a signing team member, it's a doozy!

Last edited:
1. I would never move my signing area into the fixture room. Per Best Practice, signing is allowed at least 8 feet of bulk racking in the steel. There's often just too much signing to fit into the fixture room with everything else. However, some stores do make this work....though I don't know how!

2. Most signing team members on here will tell you not have displays backstocked. We find it easier to keep them with our signing stuff as they come in since we are the ones that put them out anyway (despite the new Best Practice that says otherwise). I have most people at my store trained to place displays in my area when they find them.

3. On Workbench, check out the Non-Pog Signing Guide. It updates monthly with the big stuff for your workload, but on a day to day basis, what you do will often depend on what Plano is setting. Also will depend on when your signing pallet for the week arrives. Also check out the Signing Thread on here, lots of experience!

A lot of what the signing team member does can be an ASANTS thing so just try your best to develop good routines now for what works for you. This will help you keep up on the bigger reset weeks. Hopefully by the end of October you'll have it down- Christmas is coming. And for a signing team member, it's a doozy!

I 100% agree with #2. Backstocking displays will take more time and you don't know what your working with when it's time to set/build it. If you have a lot like in infants, I'll find a spot to put them on pallets and leave them somewhere in my area. If flow/backroom TL has a problem with it they can fuck off.

give It some time for your PTL to loosen up and let you do your thing. Congrats!

It's hard to let go. I prefer my displays backstocked so they are located. Otherwise they bounce around the backroom and get lost. I don't have room in my steel right now for much, freaking sitting on two pallets of pusher pieces.

It's hard to let go. I prefer my displays backstocked so they are located. Otherwise they bounce around the backroom and get lost. I don't have room in my steel right now for much, freaking sitting on two pallets of pusher pieces.
We put display car seats and other large displays up in the transition steel in the backroom. That’s also where the 6 pallets of pushers go, that have been sitting for around 2 years but that someone is going to install any day now...

We put display car seats and other large displays up in the transition steel in the backroom. That’s also where the 6 pallets of pushers go, that have been sitting for around 2 years but that someone is going to install any day now...
I've got the backroom of a metro store in a B level. No space, we're fighting for two pallets of shelves as it is. But I had to cut down my space for the PMT. And he still takes more for wax.

6 pallets wtf. And I thought 2 pallets was a lot.

We keep signing in our fixture room but it’s also a lot larger than any fixture room I’ve seen at other stores. We keep everything in there from fixtures, all signing, displays and everything in between

We keep signing in our fixture room but it’s also a lot larger than any fixture room I’ve seen at other stores. We keep everything in there from fixtures, all signing, displays and everything in between

If I had a larger fixture room, I could totally be on board to keeping everything in there, but I have what feels like the tiniest fixture room in existence.

If I had a larger fixture room, I could totally be on board to keeping everything in there, but I have what feels like the tiniest fixture room in existence.

I'm pretty sure everyone feels the same.
I have always thought of the fixture room as a reverse TARDIS.
Much smaller on the inside.

6 pallets wtf. And I thought 2 pallets was a lot.
4 pallets of it is just freezer pushers because nobody ever installed them when we first got them a few years ago.

4 pallets of it is just freezer pushers because nobody ever installed them when we first got them a few years ago.

That's just fucked up right there! There was just a complete reset in all of frozen where those pushers could have been added in.

That's just fucked up right there! There was just a complete reset in all of frozen where those pushers could have been added in.
The original excuse was that we didn't get them in time for when they were supposed to be installed, and they used the hours for something else. And during subsequent resets, nobody wanted to take the time to install them. But we also weren't allowed to throw them away...

Who knows though, maybe this reset they finally got installed. I haven't actually been to my old store in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back