Archived new tm, not giving me hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started working at target 4 weeks ago. They gave me 3 training days to complete, and said that after they are done, i will be assigned a permanent schedule. (FYI, the 3 training days were done in a week). I was then told to wait a week, so the hrm can make a schedule for me. I checked mytime, and it's assigned me my first working day on the 2nd of may..... which is 10-12 days from now.

mytime is not showing whether i'm assigned hours for days after the 2nd......

what do you think is going on???
will they give me hours???

(electronics tm).

Welcome to Target. For reasons unbeknownst to anyone on Earth, we like to hire people during payroll cutbacks, to replace people who quit because of said payroll cuts.

wZVYBcc.png

I started working at target 4 weeks ago. They gave me 3 training days to complete, and said that after they are done, i will be assigned a permanent schedule. (FYI, the 3 training days were done in a week). I was then told to wait a week, so the hrm can make a schedule for me. I checked mytime, and it's assigned me my first working day on the 2nd of may..... which is 10-12 days from now.

mytime is not showing whether i'm assigned hours for days after the 2nd......

(electronics tm).

When I started at Target I worked only 12 hours a week. They said they didn't want to overwhelm me with training plus my availability. Within a month they saw how well I was doing and how quickly I was picking up stuff that I started to get more hours.

The most recently posted schedule is for the week ending May 5. You won't see anything for May 6-12 until next Thursday or Friday, depending on how cooperative MyTime chooses to be.

But yes, call your HR and see what they can do. Also check the swap board to see if any shifts are available.

In our store, the first couple of weeks is not on MyTime. You’re given a handwritten schedule.

Call your store and ask—or go in and talk to HR.

Everyone in the company is getting less hours recently. You're new so more hours are probably going to more experienced TMs whom leadership feel will be more productive in their limited hours. You should see more hours when everyone else gets more hours. Probably not as many as you want, but more.

Everyone in the company is getting less hours recently. You're new so more hours are probably going to more experienced TMs whom leadership feel will be more productive in their limited hours. You should see more hours when everyone else gets more hours. Probably not as many as you want, but more.
Seconded. Do everything you can to be productive and act quickly ("sense of urgency" is what you will hear a lot of in regards to this), and be open to crosstraining in other areas. Given it's your first 90 days, be willing to go above and beyond to learn as much as you can and do your job to the best of your ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back