Archived New TM - questions I can't get a straight answer on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there - I just started as a TM in beauty and I have questions on a couple things, because every time I ask my coworkers or managers, they all give me different answers that are a variation of "just do what they taught you in training" but no one really covered this stuff for me. So:

1. What does "research" entail? I'm supposed to research certain aisles on certain days. I got the impression that it was scanning every item with the Zebra and making sure the counts were right. And then also doing any RIGs (which I already do every morning). Is there something else I should be doing? Looking at the sales performance of each item? Furthermore, do I need to be on the Research setting while doing this? Because I thought you couldn't change counts when on that function. I'm so confused about it.

2. Furthermore, is "scanning the outs" encompassed in this? And, to do that, am I just scanning the items we are out of and then making sure it says we have 0 of them on the floor and in the backroom? Again, is there more to this than people are telling me?

Last edited:
1. What does "research" entail? I'm supposed to research certain aisles on certain days. I got the impression that it was scanning every item with the Zebra and making sure the counts were right. And then also doing any RIGs (which I already do every morning). Is there something else I should be doing? Looking at the sales performance of each item?

If you have time you can focus on counts being accurate but you want to particularly focus on lows and outs. Depending on your volume you may need to pull your own batches and fill the floor with these items.

Sometimes your outs will show 2 on the floor, 7 in the back. If you update the count to 0 on the floor it will trigger the system to replenish what is out there.

Because cosmetics is such a high theft area, a lot of the counts will be off.

1. If you are told to "research" certain aisles on certain days, that means put the Zebra in research mode and focus on scanning items that are out of stock or running low. Make sure the counts are correct and zero them out if necessary. If anything is located in the backroom, it will drop a batch for it.

You are not expected to research every single item or look at the sales performance for each one. Although I guess you could if you really feel like you have that much time.

And yes, the research setting is for changing the on-hand counts.

2. Yes, researching items that are out of stock is the same thing as scanning the outs. Scan it in research mode, update it to zero, and it will either drop a batch in the backroom or trigger your DC to send more.

WOW you have no idea how much time I have wasted because no one explained this to me. Thank you!

I want to add-when you reasearch an item to 0; it lets target know they need to replenish your store. More often you do research the more likely beauty will look like we are going out of business.

Does anyone have a definitive answer on how long this takes to update for online?
also throwing in there: research will update your online in store pickup counts as well.

your OPU team will thank you so they don't have to mark something as not found since the guest won't be able to order it in the first place

Does anyone have a definitive answer on how long this takes to update for online?

I've found that it seems to update, assuming it's not a drastic count, if you sign fully out of a device and Restart it. As long as you're signed into the device it holds the research open because you might find more. Switching back and forth between research mode and none does not count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back