Archived new to beauty..kinda overwhelmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so I'm a fairly new member of the beauty consultant team as well as new to the breakroom. I'm already exhausted with the amount of work and apps/processes I have to learn. Asking for tips from other beauty TMs or just TMs in general that have knowledge on confusing stuff like POGs and Audits etc. I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Since you’re fairly new, I’d suggest talking to your trainer/TL/ETL about inadequacies in your training.
This is the time to ask questions, to try to understand the process without much accountability.
Never say yes if you are not sure.
The stuff you asked about i.e POG , audit etc, are things that should be explained/practiced in person.
Good luck.

For those of us that remember, there was a time when a tm only needed to learn one process, then they did that process every shift. There were a few problems with this system: most payroll was spent when store was closed, therefore guests complained “not enough people working”, call outs from a specialty tm (Instocks, pricing, pog, photo) was sometimes difficult/impossible to replace, ‘teams’ blamed each other for things not done correctly, if someone on one team took shortcuts, the burden of the additional work was placed on another team. No surprise, it was learned that a tm that knew MORE than one process was more valuable.

Fast forward to a new operating model called modernization than was implemented in stores. In this model EACH tm is responsible for ALL processes. It IS a LOT to learn ! Keep the big picture in mind of how merchandise comes into the building and what needs to be done with it to help it sell: out of the backroom, kept neat, monitor quantity (lots of shortage in the cosmetic area), set sales planners, track sales, ticket clearance, remove salvage. Think of it as owning your own little store of 5 aisles within the building and being able to do all that is needed to maintain that area.

Advice: it will take some time to feel comfortable and confident. Don’t give up. Take it slow, learn one thing at a time, master it, move on. Pay attention, take notes, have a routine, know what is coming up in the next few weeks for presentation (POG, SPL, REV) workload in your area. Ask lots of questions from the right people. Don’t stress - you can only do what you have time to do - especially since guests in that area require a lot of assistance. Better to do ONE job completely than a ‘little bit’ of many jobs. Ex: ALL price change - not just some, ALL reshop - not just some, ALL push.....you get it. At least you can show something COMPLETED rather than spinning your wheels and NEVER getting DONE.

Hi, so I'm a fairly new member of the beauty consultant team as well as new to the breakroom. I'm already exhausted with the amount of work and apps/processes I have to learn. Asking for tips from other beauty TMs or just TMs in general that have knowledge on confusing stuff like POGs and Audits etc. I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Yeah things like that are much easier to explain in person when you can actually see what they’re referring to. Definitely ask questions before you’re expected to be on your own 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back