New unload process

From the posts I saw on reddit they are basically like the old school red tubs and they are filled with product. The posts say the unload is super quick and already sorted but because each cube has limited product the number of trucks increases.

They also fold up so you can send them back when complete.

Interesting posts but not a lot of detailed information.

Attachments

• 132xw2tqusw71.jpg
    132xw2tqusw71.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 798yn2tqusw71.jpg
    798yn2tqusw71.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 8hh3sel46mw71.jpg
    8hh3sel46mw71.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 151
We've been using the larger grey bins for soft items: pet food, domestics, etc for a couple years. They were talking of getting rid of u-boats then CoVID hit. Havent heard anything since. It is a good idea, but I know the corporate mind and 1) the sort will be horrible and 2) hours will be cut drastically since those DBOs no longer need to unload and sort a truck.....

This would be really good for the store and the team. I think this will create more space in the backroom. I just really hope they come really sorted out. Pushing with items from diff aisles slows down the tms pushing it.

Losing DBO's simply doesn't matter. They aren't scheduled to do the expected tasks and they don't relieve any payroll constraints since they aren't guaranteed any number of hours weekly and they receive no additional pay.

Well, this isn't exactly exciting news. I get a lot of repacks for my area and yes, they (finally) are usually sorted right. But way too often, small, flimsy boxes get crushed under heavy things. It's happened more than a few times that a bottle comes open and leaks all over everything in the box. Having more product come in a different kind of repack isn't something I'd look forward to.

If it makes pushing faster, easier for fulfillment to dig through recently received freight and not cutting payroll a ridiculous amount it makes sense. Although we all know how the payroll situation goes. If it is similar to how they originally planned deliveries where there were multiple trucks throughout the day, scheduling around trying to time the trucks since ours comes from 3-4 hours away is going to be a challenge.

From the posts I saw on reddit they are basically like the old school red tubs and they are filled with product. The posts say the unload is super quick and already sorted but because each cube has limited product the number of trucks increases.

They also fold up so you can send them back when complete.

Interesting posts but not a lot of detailed information.
I am sure most people would not miss the unload/sort process. If it leads to getting more things done on a daily basis it will be nice but it will more then likely mean cut hours depending on the store. If this was happening soon I am sure there would be a post on the DC sub here. Since this would be a huge change to their loading process, maybe still a store pilot in some areas.

I think the biggest win would be the ability to get the truck stocked earlier in the day. Our team of 7 or 8 comes in at 6am and unloads until 8:30-9am sometimes. Imagine if those people are pushing shortly after 6. It would be a huge win in my opinion.

If this was happening soon I am sure there would be a post on the DC sub here. Since this would be a huge change to their loading process, maybe still a store pilot in some areas ...

Is there an intermediate site, like a sortation facility, where this will get done?

This is how @allnew2 loses his job. They are giving it to these tubs. Custom blocks? What custom blocks, setting the line? What?

I believe it's still based on custom blocks. Freight just comes pre-sorted by the DC into tubs rather than randomly tossed in the trailer. I imagine stores that are piloting this were told to redo their custom blocks ahead of time to better take advantage of the new process.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, anyone who is currently at a store with this process.

Back