New Year's Eve at Target?

Anyone else spending their New Year's Eve with Spot? My store is in it's last week of overnights and several of us are scheduled in Fulfillment for 10pm Thursday, New Year's Eve into Friday, New Year's Day at 6:30am. The Inbound Team is also working those hours at the insistence of the Inbound ETL even though the Inbound TL has warned there will be a lot of call outs. Apparently, other stores in our district are taking a different approach and are not having their employees work during the midnight hours. Needless to say, this is causing a lot of resentment among the TMs that are on the overnight New Year's Eve schedule.

I'm ambivalent - I haven't worked a New Year's Eve since 1999-2000, Y2K, remember that? The time and a half is nice but it's been a rough couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to the end of overnights. This is a SoCal store, we're under lockdown here so nothing and I do mean nothing, will be open on New Year's Eve. Not much to do with the exception of takeout and Netflix although I get that people want to be home with their families.

What's happening in your neck of the woods?

I'm scheduled to work on January 1st from 2AM-10AM so at least I can have a sip of champagne and enjoy a firework or 2 before clocking in.

Anyone else spending their New Year's Eve with Spot? My store is in it's last week of overnights and several of us are scheduled in Fulfillment for 10pm Thursday, New Year's Eve into Friday, New Year's Day at 6:30am. The Inbound Team is also working those hours at the insistence of the Inbound ETL even though the Inbound TL has warned there will be a lot of call outs. Apparently, other stores in our district are taking a different approach and are not having their employees work during the midnight hours. Needless to say, this is causing a lot of resentment among the TMs that are on the overnight New Year's Eve schedule.

I'm ambivalent - I haven't worked a New Year's Eve since 1999-2000, Y2K, remember that? The time and a half is nice but it's been a rough couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to the end of overnights. This is a SoCal store, we're under lockdown here so nothing and I do mean nothing, will be open on New Year's Eve. Not much to do with the exception of takeout and Netflix although I get that people want to be home with their families.

Y2K confirmed how gullible people are. I've no doubt they've STILL got cases of water abd canned good in their basemets 20 years later.

I'm outbound. Working 4pm-4am New Years Eve into New Year's day. Then another 12'er. Then weekend OT. Unfortunately for some of us, the new year will be spent in the warehouse. At least we'll be making time and a half on New Year's, so there's that. Try to make the best of it.
Xo

I'll add that I have always requested New Years off for spiritual purposes (mushrooms, anyone?). So this'll be.. different. Will probably scurry off to meditate in the bathroom at 11:58am, minding my scan gaps of course 😉
The last place I ever want to be meditating is in the crapper, but it'll have to do this year. Ironic way to end 2020? Without a doubt.
Shit show from beginning to end, perhaps literally.

Back