Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

princesteph0459

Newbie New Hire
Hey,
I have a ton of questions that didn't get answered when I was hired. I got hired as a cashier and service desk member. In your guys experience how many hours am I looking at doing both per week. Do we get paid weekly? How soon did your first check come in? What kind of shoes am I allowed to wear?

Thanks.

I can do both but where I spend my shift depends on who else is scheduled for the day. For example, if 3 other people are scheduled to close but are also service desk trained, I might be a cashier for the shift. Sometimes 75% of my week's shifts are at Guest Services and sometimes it flip-flops. You have to be flexible. You are paid bi-weekly. I've found that good old Nike tennis shoes are the way to go. Some girls wear flats and stylish shoes but I think that is ridiculous. It comes down to comfort...you will be standing for a significant chunk of time.

Your questions are gonna vary a lot on a store-by-store basis. At my store, Service Desk TMs will almost always get a full 32+. We also have a higher base pay than most other stores, so their weekly income will be higher than at others. Your first check should come in whenever payday comes for your store, which depends on where you are as some stores got paid yesterday and some will be getting paid this coming Friday. As long as the shoes are close-toed, you have free-reign. I would suggest tennis-shoes with one of those Dr. Sholes insoles.

I am a cashier/Service Desk Team Member. My hours never dropped low during the super slow time like others because I am service desk trained. Some weeks I only work at the service desk and some weeks I have some cashier and some service desks shifts. Pay is the same at my store. Open toed shoes are not allowed. I agree with the nikes. I find them to be the most comfortable. Flats and stylish shoes might look cute but are not comfortable when you are on your feet 7+ hours. Sometimes I walk 5 miles during my service desk shifts, comfortable sneakers is your best bet. Payday is every two weeks on Fridays, we just got paid yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back