Archived No call no shows - Sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday i had my first NCNS in over a year and a half of working for target. Its my first incident & ive never had any disciplinary action taken against me for anything. But i totally read my schedule wrong and thought that i was off, and on top of that, im really sick so i didnt give too much thought to it. I came in for my shift today and my TL didnt say any thing to me regarding my ncns. But what im worried about is, does this put me on some kind of probation? And if so, since im really sick (and its only getting worse at this point) would i get fired if i had to call out for my next shift? Id obviously try and see if a fellow TM could take my shift but if they cant, i really dont want to have to show up to work vomitting...

So yesterday i had my first NCNS in over a year and a half of working for target. Its my first incident & ive never had any disciplinary action taken against me for anything. But i totally read my schedule wrong and thought that i was off, and on top of that, im really sick so i didnt give too much thought to it. I came in for my shift today and my TL didnt say any thing to me regarding my ncns. But what im worried about is, does this put me on some kind of probation? And if so, since im really sick (and its only getting worse at this point) would i get fired if i had to call out for my next shift? Id obviously try and see if a fellow TM could take my shift but if they cant, i really dont want to have to show up to work vomitting...
Please call in. Frankly, it's a public hazard to allow people to work when sick!

Call in, especially if you're vomiting. First, your health > Target. Second, your fellow TMs and guests really don't want to catch whatever you have.

As for the NCNS, when you get back to work, talk to your lead and own the mixup. You'll probably get a "don't let it happen again" conversation, but since you've had no other issues I wouldn't worry too much.

To be completely honest, there are times a person is so ill that they oversleep or just are very sick. Schedules get misread too. I've never gotten used to the week being Sunday through Saturday in all these years and thus always double check dates.

You need to take care of you. Don't go in vomiting or lower GI sick. That's disrespectful of yourself and who might catch if you've a flu.

Check your sick time and don't forget to request the pay the day you return.

AND...I hope you feel better!

At most you'll get a corrective for it but it's not really an issue as long as you don't let it happen again (2nd NCNS is a final and 3rd is termination). Call in when you're sick. It won't make the NCNS worse (they're 2 separate tracks of possible disciplinary options). If you're throwing up you do need to get a form from HR and have a doc clear you for work before you can return. (technically this is only for food TMs, market TMs, and cashiers since they handle food but some stores will require it from all TMs since you may need to handle food throughout your shift).

At most you'll get a corrective for it but it's not really an issue as long as you don't let it happen again (2nd NCNS is a final and 3rd is termination). Call in when you're sick. It won't make the NCNS worse (they're 2 separate tracks of possible disciplinary options). If you're throwing up you do need to get a form from HR and have a doc clear you for work before you can return. (technically this is only for food TMs, market TMs, and cashiers since they handle food but some stores will require it from all TMs since you may need to handle food throughout your shift).

TMs actually getting termed after their 3rd NCNS would be a fucking dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back