Archived No Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how much the raise was a way of trying to deal with the negative media they were getting because Walmart raised wages and they wouldn't, I wonder what their precious reputation would look like if people knew they had just cut everyone's hours to make up for the raise?

About how long will it take to get hours back to normality? Anybody has some idea or something. This is ridiculously a joke!

Hopefully for Back to College but I wonder just how much of an hours increase that would be.

Does back to school starts on June 17? Is this correct? I'm asking based on the boxes from seasonal I believe I read Back to School 6/17?

Hours are so bad that there is no one on the salesfloor. I've mentioned that we all get stuck on the lanes for almost our whole shift. We used to keep one person on the floor in each area (Hardlines, softlines & market.) Now we all get stuck up front. Call buttons go to 3rd request a couple of times in a row. So, all that leads to...big surprise...red service scores. Next we start having huddles again. Why? So we can get chewed out about not providing good service. Why can't they just be honest for once? Why can't they say, "We know you can't help guests when you aren't even on the salesfloor." Ugh!

Hours are so bad that there is no one on the salesfloor. I've mentioned that we all get stuck on the lanes for almost our whole shift. We used to keep one person on the floor in each area (Hardlines, softlines & market.) Now we all get stuck up front. Call buttons go to 3rd request a couple of times in a row. So, all that leads to...big surprise...red service scores. Next we start having huddles again. Why? So we can get chewed out about not providing good service. Why can't they just be honest for once? Why can't they say, "We know you can't help guests when you aren't even on the salesfloor." Ugh!

I see sarcasm. But you also have to remember that they were taught in Business College that its never their fault, it is always the TMs not working hard enough.

Another schedule with cut hours. This is the 3 rd week with a lot of TMs that had their hours cut. Morale is down and those working have to keep up the same amount of work We are still exceeding sales by a lot on Sunday it was over by 35,000. So why are some long time TMs getting zero hours.

Considering how much the raise was a way of trying to deal with the negative media they were getting because Walmart raised wages and they wouldn't, I wonder what their precious reputation would look like if people knew they had just cut everyone's hours to make up for the raise?
Food for thought. Ever wonder what other conversations are occurring out there in retail land?

SFS stores should have gotten a notice on Redwire recently about the upcoming decrease in order volume and payroll. Came complete with " speaking points" for how the TL and HR can best bring it up with affected TMs.

If volume is expected to decrease, it wouldn't be a surprise to see payroll go down too.

If volume is expected to decrease, it wouldn't be a surprise to see payroll go down too.
No it's not a surprise. And both were mentioned in the same communication.

The heavy promotion of subscriptions and the free shipping this week were meant to drive online sales so that the many new stores coming online this week would actually have orders to do. After that, there will be way more capacity than needed so it only makes sense to even it out over all SFS locations.

Last edited:
I'm super pissed off!! This week I'm only going to work 3 f-ing days as a flow team only 3 trucks for a SUPER TARGET store. AYFKM? Is this how Spot only works? only hours during holidays? this is bulls*it. My stupid TL said that with BTS we should I should for sure go back to my 25 hours I used to have before, but still I'm really mad.

I'm super pissed off!! This week I'm only going to work 3 f-ing days as a flow team only 3 trucks for a SUPER TARGET store. AYFKM? Is this how Spot only works? only hours during holidays? this is bulls*it. My stupid TL said that with BTS we should I should for sure go back to my 25 hours I used to have before, but still I'm really mad.

If your store is low volume, you won't get many trucks. Do you also work the food trucks, or only the regular GM trucks?

I have read this about store volume, but I couldn't tell you, is there a way for me to know this?

Normally it's 5 trucks a week and probably 6-7 during holidays every week.

Yes, I help food trucks too, but since they've been SEVERELY cutting our hours they only chose certain people to work the food trucks, like Plano or Backroom, but we , the actual flow team members are being sent home after 3 hours of working, so I only help them with the Super Value trucks on Saturday that's it, because it's a lot to work, opposed to before when I helped with the truck Monday, Friday and Saturday.

Last edited:
Hours have increased in my store, but we also have people who are away on loa to visit family in other countries and such. Also, even with the hour increase, I don't think we have enough people/hours to keep up with all the guests in sl.

I hate to complain, but a few weeks ago, my hours were so low 8 one week, 15 another, and other similarly low hour weeks that I still haven't adjusted to working so much. I feel so burned out. That's part of why I wish for schedule consistency.

If your store is low volume, you won't get many trucks. Do you also work the food trucks, or only the regular GM trucks?
I'm low volume Pfresh. We have 6 trucks this week....and we've added one the past couple weeks part way through the week. Usually with no flow tms to add to come in and push it, at least not for a full 8hr shift.

I worked 3 areas one day: I was clocked in early to cashier to cover (yet another) call-out, I did my 6 in SB (covering lunches & breaks at FA), then got sent to pharmacy for an hr after my shift.
But I was able to pick up 3 extra hrs.

I want to bring this back.

5jVbaT3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back