Archived No hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was told I was not going to get cross trained probably for saying my peace the other day but we hired 2 more cart attandants so we have 6 now but five are new like 2 to 4 weeks new so my question is I got asked to work nights between 5 6 days a week or my hours would be like 8 or 11 hours a week.has any one store hours gone down.I know are front end is down hours.does this mean I am getting blackballed?

Check the other thread; hours are tight all over.
Sounds like they're giving you shifts that no one else wants but hey, it's hours.
Probably why they hired the other cart attendants.

At my store hours are down but they are still hiring more people. :(

We all have open availability and decent attendance records so there really is no excuse except to save money (newbies make less than those of us that have been around for a few years)

Target is such a shitty corporation, it pisses me off so much that they *still* have this reputation for being good to their employees.

We're actually handing out hours like candy at my store. Was offered a double the other day and it was approved by the LOD even though it would've sent me spiraling into about 8 hours overtime (I ended up declining though, I can't do doubles right now being back in school), and we're actually calling people in when we're short staffed, letting people stay late if they want (LOD let me add 3 more hours to my 8 hr shift just the other day), and we've been giving tms full 8 hour shifts instead of shitty 4 or 5 hour ones. We had so many extra hours to give they let a GSTL from another store come over and do salesfloor stuff, because he wanted hours and we had 'em.

It is, until they overspend and start cutting again :cool:

Waiting for it.

I wouldn't say black balled, but the typical Target blackmail. IF you want hours, you work when we tell you, or...no hours for you! I would speculate that either the other CAs dont have a lot of evening availability, or they really want you to work evenings when the store is busier and they feel you're better able to handle the faster work pace.

At my former stores, we had up to like 6-7 cart attendants but only 3-4 worked regular CA shifts. The others were just used for odd shifts and backup. They primarily worked cashier or salesfloor.

But it sounds like they want full coverage for CAs and want you to pick up other coverage that is still lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back