Archived No more differential pay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Store now is a 6am and the differential pay is gone but we are suppose to get a % of it as a "raise" ? How much should we expect?

damn a whole dollar? We got only .50 for diff. pay... crossing my fingers its the whole 50 then... thanks

Mine was reduce to .18 from 1.00. The extra pay is only good till 8 am. It suggested to ck to see it is the whole day or 2 hours.

Store now is a 6am and the differential pay is gone but we are suppose to get a % of it as a "raise" ? How much should we expect?

Ours was dropped to $1 extra per hour for hours worked from 10pm - 8 am. You have to start before 6 to get anything extra at all. When the change was made they figured out how many hours after 8 am you averaged and then gave you a percentage based on those hours, since that is where you would be losing money. About 65% of my shift was after 8 and I got .65/hour added to my hourly pay.

I don't remember the details off the top of my head, but I believe shift differential has changed a bit as far as you now have to come in before 5am to quality for it and you will only get paid the differential for hours worked up to store opening 8am. so if you come in at 5am you will only get paid 3 hours of shift and the remainder will be at base pay, to compensate for this they gave the teams a partial raise. i believe some stores are 30-50 cents depending on the area. Most team members wont see much of a difference untill they start to work longer shifts. At our store Flow works 4-9 when the math is done they only lose out on a few cents.

You're right, HRTL.

I work 38 hours, starting at 4am. I still get $40 per paycheck from working 4-8am ($1 shift diff).

I basically lost just $5 per paycheck. Not really that bad

You're right, HRTL.

I work 38 hours, starting at 4am. I still get $40 per paycheck from working 4-8am ($1 shift diff).

The plus side is that you will get to use that partial raise at any time on any shift as opposed to before where you would have to place a long lunch between working 2 shifts to keep getting the shift pay.

You're right, HRTL.

Yea, I don't mind giving up $150/year and paying more for my out of pocket insurance expenses and having my hours cut and ....now multiply by that by every tm and give the CEO a bonus. When I started I got a $2/hour shift dif. It's a slippery slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back