Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Already gone and miss it

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Already gone and don't miss it.

Votes: 18 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't say anything before or it would give me away, but my store has been piloting an open jewelry department for the past year.
Today I went in to another target to shop, and there boat was gone and all their jewelry unlocked, and on new fixtures.
Unfortunately it looks like the pilot was a "success and is being deployed in other stores. Hopefully there AP will be more on the ball than mine. Our shortage in jewelry was up %75 at inventory.

I saw that the jewelry displays where you can spin the thing has been unlocked & they took off the door where anyone can grab anything. @_@
All jewelry unlocked except for the one in the glass display. Crazy.

Nothing in our jewelry department has ever been locked up for as long as I've worked here. The glass cases at the boat just have random purses and stuff arranged as displays.

Ours left with the remodel. There's a few jewelry displays on tables by what's left of shoes and the rest is showcased on mannequins.

I didn't realize they still kept jewelry locked up though, I haven't seen it that way in a long time. The only thing we had were occasional watch or accessory displays behind glass but even that was more about aesthetic than security, really.

Burn it to the ground!!! It's so useless. Everything locked up is practically the same price range as stuff that isn't locked up, with the exception of some watches.

Softlines at my store was just remodeled so I think ours is gone too, but when it was there I literally never saw a person working it or anything

I hope it sinks soon. Wasted space that could be put to better use. However one of the gstl's spends the better part of his shift leaning on it. It seems when I am over that way, he is leaning and staring at the lanes. Boring

They ripped ours out last week during a 'mini' remodel &, given that most of our jewelry is over-priced costume junk, the boat deserves a Viking funeral.
The register was down more than it was up & guests were always bumping their carts into it or piling strays on it.

Ours was done away with this year. I literally never saw an employee at that register. Like ever.

My store hasn't had a jewelry boat in at least 5 years, but we got rid of the locked spinning things a few months ago. Good riddance tbh. We never remembered to get keys and would always be scrambling to find someone in cosmetics (apparently the fragrances use the same keys?) or someone to get us keys from the lockbox. I didn't get why it was locked to begin with. There was jewelry just as expensive on the outside, and the thieves could easily have me open the case and then go steal the jewelry on the other side of the store lol

My store got rid of this when we did A&A 2.0. Don't miss it at all.

My store has not staffed the jewelry boat in six years, save for Black Friday and during the holiday season, and it was removed from the store in our latest Softlines remodel. Believe it or not, electronics and softlines jointly cover the area in my store now. Softlines, I would say, knows the area better, but a LARGE quantity of product is locked up and since Target Tech has taken over a large number of Electronics TM duties, the electronics TM now service the area. It works; shortage on such items as drastically decreased since the remodel.

Actually seen our jewellery rep today, second time in a whole year.

My store still has our boat and all of the locked jewelry displays. No one is ever staffed there and it's honestly a pain to constantly have to scramble to reach the call button and unlock some $20 necklace. Would be more than pleased to see it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back