Archived No more pa's in market

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't worked in market in awhile I have been cashiering lately and was told this happended is this true and what is the new job title called for people who work in p fresh.

Should be interesting to see what happens to the position. It is necessary but they could put it on a lower paid tm like the company eventually did with gsa.

The grocery guide I read doesnt mention the food assistant position. One part of the grocery roll out is all consumables tm gets a 50 cent raise, I wonder if Target is going to compensate for giving those tms a raise by eliminating the FA position as we know it.

Would be a huge mistake. Our PA is like a second consumables TL

as far as i know
I am still a PA. My CTL told me in my review that I would still be a PA when the market rollout occurs in May

I'll have to check into this.

We've had the rollout for a while and I still see PA and Consumables under two different keys, don't know the difference otherwise.

Was told, I was told, that I would remain the PA. Someone has to be in charge of ordering. Our FTL does not seem to want to do it.

I'm still a PA but I may as well be the FTL because all he does is hide out in the prep room "QMOSing"

Well with the market rollout, they just have market team members that are all trained as a PA... But aren't actual pas. We have three tms that take care of three different parts of pfresh. We have a tm that takes care of fresh produce, one who takes care of dairy, one who takes care of frozen. That means each one takes care of qmosing, zoning, pushing the fdc truck. Same thing happens in dry market.

In reply to Hardlines Master:

DIO total score,

Oh, I ask for feedback alot and they tell me im doing fine i dont need to improvement on anything. MAKES TOTAL sense.
Seems like they just dont like me.

Last edited:
Well with the market rollout, they just have market team members that are all trained as a PA... But aren't actual pas. We have three tms that take care of three different parts of pfresh. We have a tm that takes care of fresh produce, one who takes care of dairy, one who takes care of frozen. That means each one takes care of qmosing, zoning, pushing the fdc truck. Same thing happens in dry market.

PA does a lot more than just this,

- Do they Order Food?
- Do they correspond with Vendors on "opportunities" or coming events, and planning their sets, making a strategy around holidays?
- Do they set Sales Planners?
- Do they TPC product going out of date, or Coupon soon to be expired product?
- Do they make sure all the cleaning chemicals are up to code, filled, and in their proper place everyday?

Everything you describe in your post is what every..... every.. Market Team Member should have been doing since PFresh was first rolled out, this is nothing new.

We lost one. No need for the position when you can just push work on a "trusted" lower paid TM.

It's a captain title with a raise

Bingo. According to our org chart we are supposed to have two as well but we only have one.

I wonder if they are getting rid of Food Assistants via attrition. Not necessarily firing the ones we have but not hiring new ones and expecting CTMs to fulfill those very duties

PA does a lot more than just this,

- Do they Order Food?
- Do they correspond with Vendors on "opportunities" or coming events, and planning their sets, making a strategy around holidays?
- Do they set Sales Planners?
- Do they TPC product going out of date, or Coupon soon to be expired product?
- Do they make sure all the cleaning chemicals are up to code, filled, and in their proper place everyday?

Everything you describe in your post is what every..... every.. Market Team Member should have been doing since PFresh was first rolled out, this is nothing new.
Yes. They do all of it, except deal with vendors, that's done by the market tl and always has been at my store. Instead of having one PA over the whole area, we essentially just have three Pa's over three different areas... Just didn't list of every single thing they do. Sorry for not being super in depth.

Bingo. According to our org chart we are supposed to have two as well but we only have one.

I wonder if they are getting rid of Food Assistants via attrition. Not necessarily firing the ones we have but not hiring new ones and expecting CTMs to fulfill those very duties

this should be interesting. If it's true, this Grocery Model is a sham.

I am currently one of two "PA's" in my store. I have had the title for over a year now, after making the move from hardlines and in-stocks. I love the work, primarily keeping the pfresh\open market area clean, abundantly stocked and ensuring culls, QMOS and dates are completed daily. I also appreciate the ability to support our local food bank with bi-weekly donations!
I have read thru the threads, but any further feedback on a couple of subjects would be appreciated:

*****My store opens @ 8AM - closes completely at 11PM. All shifts start no earlier than 5AM.

1. In 2/2017 we moved from a EOD food truck to a daily delivery. When this occurred they reduced hours from 3 team members to just one, as they anticipated the quantities would be reduced. We get freezer only on M-W-F.
So, essentially my PA position now has to receive the food truck singularly every morning with no definitive arrival time. Receiving the truck is HARD LABOR - when you have to re-arrange the semi-truck, move pallets and then stock with consideration to temperatures on and off the floor. We have been receiving some flow team hours to assist, but it's been irrational at best, since the truck can arrive anytime between 7am and....?

Question #1:
- Do other stores leave the entire food truck receiving process to one TM/PA with no assistance from a TL or ETL?

Re: End to End Process and Remodel.....

We are beginning both of these events simultaneously this week. OMG! I do have hours scheduled to review and train on the process later this week, but am looking for any advice folks can offer. My STL is assertive, but will allow me some opportunity to offer suggestions, since I am extremely valuable. Recruiting to the food team was nearly impossible before these changes, and will be even more difficult when the experienced flow members are shifted.

Question #2 - Food and merchandise will still come on two different trucks, perhaps the back room and docks won't accommodate the activity?
Question #3- Scheduling shifts- how has the End to End process changed timing and scheduling of hours? Do folks vary between early and mid-day? Is there a consumables closer built in within this process to ensure guests have a resource?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

- Do other stores leave the entire food truck receiving process to one TM/PA with no assistance from a TL or ETL?
Our receiver unloads the food truck and takes care of the paperwork with no assistance. A BRTM picks up the pallets from the dock and puts them into the coolers.

You can check estimated arrival times on the food truck in advance. The day before your store should get a redwire called something like UTA FDC. It will have an excel attachment with your estimated delivery time. You can also log onto Workbench and go into the reverse logistics application (in the list on the center left of the page).

Question #2 - Food and merchandise will still come on two different trucks, perhaps the back room and docks won't accommodate the activity?
Dry grocery will still come on the GM trailer and it won't be any more frequent than it is now (unless your store will be testing receiving palletized freight).

Target DC deliveries always take priority, so if a vendor had a delivery while the receiver is busy with one of those, they'll have to wait.

Receiver unloads FDC truck and loads into coolers or brtm does that

We are switching to food team in may and remodel in June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back