Pricing and Presentation No more transition experts?

Heard this week from my SD and District director that we are to get rid of transition experts and have them own an area. Dbo should set most of it earlier than the set date or as it flows in. Anybody else get that info? Not a fan of doing it like this, no easy way to plan that.

Do you mean Presentation Experts? If so, does that mean there will no longer be a GMTL that owns Presentation?

Heard this week from my SD and District director that we are to get rid of transition experts and have them own an area. Dbo should set most of it earlier than the set date or as it flows in. Anybody else get that info? Not a fan of doing it like this, no easy way to plan that.
Got the same message. Set my last pog today. Start my new area Sunday. Pfft.

Do you mean Presentation Experts? If so, does that mean there will no longer be a GMTL that owns Presentation?
Presentation gmtl still sorts pogs and label strips and makes sure each other tl knows what they have due. But no longer needs to plan a transition unless it’s a big one like lawn and garden.

They will now pull experts from around the store to staff the large transition. So it’s an even pull of people from areas. My other transition person is on the opposite side of the store now.

bit for like the upcoming hba set that’s like 75 hours they need to evenly set for 2 weeks til it’s done. No “team” will be scheduled.

Heard this the other day. Good luck "pulling" in people to do cosmetics. "Hey DBO sporting goods, I need you to set Maybelline today." Nevermind he's never set cosmetics or that even some of the cosmetics people haven't.

We still use "experts" for large resets (seasonal, toys, beauty) but other than that DBOs can handle everything else.

We still use "experts" for large resets (seasonal, toys, beauty) but other than that DBOs can handle everything else.

What do they do in between large sets? One week you have 40 hours, the next 0. Not many people are going to stay with that.

My SD said we'd continue with me and the other transition tm for now. But if I don't have a full time job, I'm gone.

Presentation term was out last year. Renamed transition back then.

My job title in Workday says Presentation Expert, not Transition Expert.

What do they do in between large sets? One week you have 40 hours, the next 0. Not many people are going to stay with that.

My SD said we'd continue with me and the other transition tm for now. But if I don't have a full time job, I'm gone.

What leadership did last year for me was put me in as a dbo of an area to keep my hours at least between 20-30 hours/wk. It sounds like that is their intention this year too. Haven't heard anything at my store about no transition team, but we only have two people as well and I know we will be setting hba and cosmetics coming up. We're using TMs from the areas resetting as well, teaching them what we can as we set.

ASANTS
Corporate tries out a lot of things in different stores/districts.
Like the ladderless or caseless backroom.
Maybe it'll work. Maybe it won't.

I've been setting presentation a long time. It wasn't uncommon to see a 200-300 hour week of setting, followed by a 20 hour week. The workload was always front loaded and then the DSD and above would put the screws to us to get it done in less time and ASAP. I never understood that. Hours are hours. Some of those sets were necessary (holiday transition) and others weren't (department resets). If the current trend of lighter setting requirements (seriously, toys was just glorified revisions really) continues... the idea of having the department's TMs and an addition support TM could work just fine. And then those TMs would get more than just 20 hours a week.

I support that change cause every POG TL has been burnt out by this job and doing insane sets under ridiculous deadlines. I'm already trying to get as many DBO's involved in the transitions when I can. Love my Presentation Experts, but in the course of modernization, it doesn't make sense to set a department with a POG team and then hand it over to DBOs to maintain it. The DBOs should set it, so they know how to reset it when it gets shopped or the revision comes along and they can continue to address things as they need going forward. Bolstered pride in their areas by being there from the beginning.

Edit: Speciality Sales (Market, Tech, Beauty and Style) areas have fuller teams to support this change with ease. Our Market and Style team own all their transitions. But the rest of GM still needs supporting TMs during big resets. Toys only has 1 DBO. Baby only has 1 DBO. It's unrealistic to assume they can set that workload AND do their routines alone. That would be the biggest speedbump to overcome.

Last edited:
I do have a question for those that are going through this change.

Are label strips sent in more than 2 weeks in advance, so that the DBOs can start setting earlier?

They fill in off days for DBOs or flex fill.

ASANTS
Corporate tries out a lot of things in different stores/districts.
Like the ladderless or caseless backroom.
Maybe it'll work. Maybe it won't.

I've been setting presentation a long time. It wasn't uncommon to see a 200-300 hour week of setting, followed by a 20 hour week. The workload was always front loaded and then the DSD and above would put the screws to us to get it done in less time and ASAP. I never understood that. Hours are hours. Some of those sets were necessary (holiday transition) and others weren't (department resets). If the current trend of lighter setting requirements (seriously, toys was just glorified revisions really) continues... the idea of having the department's TMs and an addition support TM could work just fine. And then those TMs would get more than just 20 hours a week.

I support that change cause every POG TL has been burnt out by this job and doing insane sets under ridiculous deadlines. I'm already trying to get as many DBO's involved in the transitions when I can. Love my Presentation Experts, but in the course of modernization, it doesn't make sense to set a department with a POG team and then hand it over to DBOs to maintain it. The DBOs should set it, so they know how to reset it when it gets shopped or the revision comes along and they can continue to address things as they need going forward. Bolstered pride in their areas by being there from the beginning.

The issue I'm seeing is that, for example, the toy DBO got 8 hours last week. So she's looking for another job. But the week of the toy reset, she's supposed to work 40 hours? That's not realistic. Not too many people are going to go for that.

Last edited:
While our Market team appears to set their own transitions with no Presentation Expert assistance, it's really just one of them tackling all the pogs/revisions/price change and then she gets help from the rest of the Market team with keeping up on her freight and pulls. I guess that's one of the perks of having all the workload hours dumped into one giant bucket, lol. Easy way to fake the system.

I’m not quite sure what’s going to happen with sidecaps yet. But since I do checklane endcaps and pogs, I bet I get stuck with sidecaps.

Back