No pallets on the ground

Does anyone else's stores now have a rule about no pallets on the backroom floor? As soon as a vendor pallet arrives it must immediately be racked in the steel. Whenever a pallet is emptied (vendor or store) it must also immediately be added to a stack that is already racked in the steel. To any receiver out there that does have this new rule in your backroom, how is your heavy vendor days going?

Does anyone else's stores now have a rule about no pallets on the backroom floor? As soon as a vendor pallet arrives it must immediately be racked in the steel. Whenever a pallet is emptied (vendor or store) it must also immediately be added to a stack that is already racked in the steel. To any receiver out there that does have this new rule in your backroom, how is your heavy vendor days going?
I don't have enough open steel space to put bales, repack, hanger boxes, crc, salvage or empty wood pallet stacks. I only do two sweeps a week. Bales are too wide to safely but another beside it. Empty vendor soda/beer and FDC pallets are outside. As well as the pallet of mill crates. Our issue is not with vendors but with excess mdse from DC sitting on pallets in the back on the floor.

Qe have had that for a long while at my store. It wasnt really enforced until our new demon sd who seems fo be strictly enforcing all these things. Even dropped every single thing in the backroom to non ladder heights except for the water in recieving.

I don't have enough open steel space to put bales, repack, hanger boxes, crc, salvage or empty wood pallet stacks. I only do two sweeps a week. Bales are too wide to safely but another beside it. Empty vendor soda/beer and FDC pallets are outside. As well as the pallet of mill crates. Our issue is not with vendors but with excess mdse from DC sitting on pallets in the back on the floor.
Why do sweeps only twice a week? Ask your sd to ask the od approval for sweeps everyday . And sell it to your sd as this being part of safe and clean.

Qe have had that for a long while at my store. It wasnt really enforced until our new demon sd who seems fo be strictly enforcing all these things. Even dropped every single thing in the backroom to non ladder heights except for the water in recieving.
It’s not your sd is target

Yeah, we put all bales, stacks of wood/vendor/Chep pallets, and sometimes repacks and hanger bins outside because we have no backroom space and don't get enough sweeps. We also barely recycle any plastic, no glass from the bins up front, and don't compost.

I'll be pissed if they make us do this in my store. We do not have the space, and I am not booming up pallets of pop only to get them back down when the merch needs them and there is no way that people who cover on the weekends will do it. I don't have time to be pulling stuff up and down on my busy days and during the day I am the only person in the backroom who is available to do that.

I have space for 6 pallets under the steel that my main soda vendors can fit their stuff in perfectly fine, the only days I have more than that are delivery days and they get pushed by the afternoon.

We don’t do that we store bails, empty blondes (wood), Chep and FDC pallets outside. We have no room in our backroom. You should be able to schedule additional Sweeps, I think it’s 48 hour notice. If they you are riding you about pop vendors having pallets on the ground, just ride the sales reps to make sure they aren’t over ordering. So it gets close to whats delivered goes to the floor.
If sales reps get difficult or merchandisers don’t condense well. You can always decline an order. The driver will usually need to make a call. Then you should get a call from the sales rep about accepting this order and the next would be better. They will listen because a declined order hits the rep straight in the wallet.

At my store, failure to comply leads to being coached...
For many people who work overnight it's not an immediate issue, but if you start falling behind or your department gets a ton of push...
You'll definitely hear my shift leaders panicking, especially on visits.

Back