Archived Mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those items aren't on clearance. They are things that are suppose to be salvaged out, but that didn't get taken off the shelves for whatever reason. They are probably coming up a lot now because guest services is accepting them back for returns and putting them in a reshop bin without properly checking them. Then, dumbass salesfloor TMs don't see a location for them and just throw them on a clearance shelf. At other times, whoever's job it was to take them off the shelves and ssalvage them in the first place didn't do it.

You can't buy them. TMs buying salvage items is a big no no.

Seasonaldude is right. When an item asks how much is this it means it's either missed salvage or an online item missing its online item price. When it brings up the merchandise screen asking for a price (you need to select whether it's taxable or not) that (usually) means the item isn't sold by Target.

Its the UPC and Target DPCI are not or no longer tied. Salvage item also fit in this.

If its a Target item or softlines item, type in the DPCI to get the current price. Back in the day, I also did a NOP lookup; whatever the current function is now, to get the current price.

If its $0.00, then its truly salvage.

Last edited:
If it happens a lot, then your GSE should be on top of that and getting it fixed. If that's not happening, then you say something to the appropriate person. A few weeks ago I noticed a large amount of untagged softlines product when I was backing up. Mentioned it to a trusted, veteran softlines TM and she made sure it got sorted out. You're getting no price stuff. Talk to an appropriate TM in the department it comes from if your front end leads aren't handling it.

I also have this happen with brand new Bullseye Shop merch, and occasionally with pre-packaged produce.

I also have this happen with brand new Bullseye Shop merch, and occasionally with pre-packaged produce.
I think you mean Bullseye's Playground (shop is the online ™ merch store).

luckily Bullseye stuff has the price on it. prepackaged produce should have a corresponding PLU-- except for the two green peppers set which they had to write down for us.

You're right, on Playground.

Green peppers, Asian pears, and those crazy long cucumbers in the last week or two. I didn't think to look for PLUs on the labeling, they aren't on the cheat sheets.

You're right, on Playground.

Green peppers, Asian pears, and those crazy long cucumbers in the last week or two. I didn't think to look for PLUs on the labeling, they aren't on the cheat sheets.
workbench should have them. if you're so inclined you can mysupport the barcode issue

Recently there’s been a bunch of items guests have been taking with them for checkout having no price and when I scan the barcode it asks how much this item is (this usually happens when things are on clearance but no price sticker is on them). I always call for gsa/gstl because they can look it up on whateverbthat thing is called they carry around. But if it doesn’t show up they always make it 99 cents like WTF. One lady got pants for 99 cents and 2 bras for 99 cents (bras are not cheap). And some other lady got a makeup brush set for 99 cents and it’s originaly like 15$. Now I’m gonna buy that same brush set and get it for 99 cents 😂😂
Well bras and pants have a dpci inside so she should know how to look that up

Wow! Lot's of bad advice given in this thread. Never use "NO barcode" it generates a report and puts you on the naughty list. If it rings up as no barcode never put in a magical price. Use mywork to find the last known price or find a similar item then give it for that price. Your GSTL should have a department class list it gives you the first 5 dpci numbers and you just type in 9999 for the last four then a reasonable price. But 99 cents for everything will get you fired.

Unless is salvage , salvage is salvage and shouldn’t be sold as that was already activated and done with it.

We have so much salvage floating around we let the cashiers play "let's make a deal" or the GSTL figures out a price but we sell that shit.. If its tagged we cut some off the price on the sticker just to get it gone. If not price they figure something out..

But 99 cents will get you fired.. But I understand why they would make that price just to get it gone.

Well bras and pants have a dpci inside so she should know how to look that up
Yeah but even if you search up the dpci it asks for a price on the cash register because there isn’t one set.

Yeah, we always go to price change and get last selling price. Also, if I knew the original starting price (tag said it, one spot, etc.) and no one with a mydevice was around, I’d take 70% off original price and use that clearance price.

Also, the team member handbook says that we cannot purchase salvage items. Had to pull it out the other day when our cashiers were trying to haggle seasonal clearance prices and then again when they found items they knew were salvage in a reshop cart.

Wow! Lot's of bad advice given in this thread. Never use "NO barcode" it generates a report and puts you on the naughty list. If it rings up as no barcode never put in a magical price. Use mywork to find the last known price or find a similar item then give it for that price. Your GSTL should have a department class list it gives you the first 5 dpci numbers and you just type in 9999 for the last four then a reasonable price. But 99 cents for everything will get you fired.
My gstl tells me to do 99 cents so I shouldn’t be getting fired. I use no barcode if the items barcode doesn’t scan and there isn’t a present dpci but there’s a sticker with the price on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back