Archived Nonexistant call buttons?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The button in the women's and men's restroom is simply a button that the cart attendants press to state they've cleaned it each hour.

There is also somewhere on this forum a call buttons thread with a link to all of the codes for the call boxes. There's some funny ones in there. The programming instructions are on Workbench. My ETL-AP received a new button for the locked merch in Sporting Goods recently and she had fun with the Workbench programming instructions and set it to "Fast service needed in the Bakery. Who is responding?" We are a Pfresh, without a bakery. That was funny to hear. I doubt my store does much other messing with the buttons because they're $180 each.
Here is the link:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/call-buttons-and-other-misc-questions.507/
Don't touch my call boxes, please.

The button in the women's and men's restroom is simply a button that the cart attendants press to state they've cleaned it each hour.

There is also somewhere on this forum a call buttons thread with a link to all of the codes for the call boxes. There's some funny ones in there. The programming instructions are on Workbench. My ETL-AP received a new button for the locked merch in Sporting Goods recently and she had fun with the Workbench programming instructions and set it to "Fast service needed in the Bakery. Who is responding?" We are a Pfresh, without a bakery. That was funny to hear. I doubt my store does much other messing with the buttons because they're $180 each.

Oh OK. We don't call the restroom checkup buttons "call buttons" at my store, so I had to make sure...

And @Hardlinesmaster thanks for the link to the thread! I wish my store did interesting stuff like that.

Oh OK. We don't call the restroom checkup buttons "call buttons" at my store, so I had to make sure...

And @Hardlinesmaster thanks for the link to the thread! I wish my store did interesting stuff like that.
You might to read the box thread from the beginning, it may give you a few ideas. Just give your gstl a heads up.

Lol. A few months ago we found a white box with bottons when we were cleaning out a closet. Somehow it ended up at the front end and tm's would push the buttons all the time. It took us weeks to realize we were setting off the call box for restroom follow up.
I think someone finally threw it away because it disappeared one day.

Totally bring this thread back from the dead... but why hasn't Target programmed Indyme to make an announcement on Channel 2 when a new Flexible Fulfillment order comes in? "Attention Backroom Team Member- New Flexible Fulfillment Order has arrived. Who's responding?" ... and since we are aiming for less than 60 minutes if the order hasn't been picked it can announce on Channel 1 at the 45 minute mark, "Attention LOD- Flexible Fulfillment order approaching goal time."

Yes, it sends us a RedWire message on the myDevice. I'm a GSTL/LOD and as soon as I get the alert I go to Channel 2 and announce the order. I feel like IndyMe sometimes!
Some stores have a myDevice timer's set for every hour to check for new orders.

Is this an off the wall/not helpful thought? Or do others agree that it could be helpful?

It's not a bad idea. However, some stores have their backroom TMs on channel 1. Also, the walkies are already congested as it is - backroom would never catch it because the GSTL and LOD are shouting about Red Cards the entire time.

Our Pets phone currently calls everyone to "home furnishing"

Sounds like you guys need to call Black Box or whoever does the phones. As noted earlier in the thread, buttons can be re-programmed in-store, but not phones.

Having the phones be call buttons is the worst thing ever.
We ran into that a few times where it wouldn't clear because the TM would have to go look for something and would set the phone down.
Then it would keep calling out like Timmy stuck in the well.

Why would the TM have to set the phone down when responding to a call button? You clear it by hanging up the phone or pressing the button on the side (depending on the phone system).

On a side note, does anyone have any call button stories? Like a TM messed with a call button for a prank or some tech savvy guy figured out how to make it say something weird? That must have happened to at least a few people on this board.

One of our admins once had his seasonal call button say "Fast service needed in meat. Who's responding?" His store was either P-Fresh or general merchandise, i.e. no meat department.

My personal favorites are the Colorado Lanes and the Hoop Hut.

We also made a "wish list" of call buttons we thought would be useful:
"Guest destroying furniture display on P23. Who is responding?"
"Screaming toddler in toys. Run the opposite direction."
"Indecisive guest in electronics. Who gives a f**k?"
"Belligerent guest at service desk. Response with truncheon required."

I heard one once that said "Carry-out needed on check lane 10." Any ideas on this? Check lane 10 wasn't even being used...

@mrknownothing sorry wasn't clear on this one.
It might have been a glitch in our phone system but when you answered the phone and the button was set off at the same time, you couldn't clear it until the phone was hung up.
The button on the side wouldn't turn it off if the phone was off the hook.
So if the TM was off looking for a product for the guest and the phone was laying there all the group of TLs and ETLs could do was stand there and glare at it while it yelled for help.

@mrknownothing sorry wasn't clear on this one.
It might have been a glitch in our phone system but when you answered the phone and the button was set off at the same time, you couldn't clear it until the phone was hung up.
The button on the side wouldn't turn it off if the phone was off the hook.
So if the TM was off looking for a product for the guest and the phone was laying there all the group of TLs and ETLs could do was stand there and glare at it while it yelled for help.

Yeah, that's really weird. The indyme shouldn't be activating when the phone is being used for a call. Gotta love technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back