Archived Not sure what to do anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been with Target for many many years, and over those years I have had issues with ETELHR’s and team leads. But for some reason in the current store that I am in I have issues with both my coworker and a team lead. Neither one really know how to do their position correctly, always making mistakes, etc. I have voiced my concerns numerous times about both of these individuals and to this day nothing has been taken care of. What else would be my course of action that I could do from this point on?

What can you do? Stop telling them what to do, stop telling others that they don't know what they are doing, and focus on yourself and your own job.

If you have problems everywhere you go, then you need to take a long look in the mirror for your part. Stop telling people how to do their jobs unless you are their direct supervisor.

Keep your head down, keep your opinions to yourself, work your shift, leave. Seriously, if you've spoken up numerous times and nothing changes, that's a message.
From another perspective, I've worked with TMs who worked at other stores previously. It got really old really fast to hear "at my other store, we did it a different way," with the possible underlying message being, "you're doing it wrong." (Could be they really did just mean different, but I don't know - they didn't last long.) Unless what they're doing is actually illegal or against company policy, you probably have no recourse.

It's not your job to police your supervisor.

I was promoted to TL earlier this year, and I can tell you that the people who were most vocal about my predecessor's failings get the least amount of trust from me. Even though I haven't heard a complaint from them directly.

If you have been with Target for “many, many years “ why haven’t you earned/ proven to your leadership you’re ready to take on a role that can make a difference? Be part of a solution not the problem.

It's not your job to police your supervisor.

I was promoted to TL earlier this year, and I can tell you that the people who were most vocal about my predecessor's failings get the least amount of trust from me. Even though I haven't heard a complaint from them directly.

Don’t believe what you hear. People make up lies straight out of the sky. I know if I hear something to downsize it by 100 times. You may be holding a grudge against someone who has your back.

Don’t believe what you hear. People make up lies straight out of the sky. I know if I hear something to downsize it by 100 times. You may be holding a grudge against someone who has your back.

I'm talking about people who complained directly to me.

My predecessor had his faults for sure, but the level of undermining was significant.

Not a TL or ETL, keep your head down and let them hang themselves. That is what you do, just try and do what they ask without taking yourself down in the process.
Excellent advice. Don’t jeopardize your job. You tried to help them, they rebuffed you, so if they are determined to fail, let them. That’s all you can do anyway. You can’t help someone who refuses to be helped. Just watch your back so they don’t roll the blame downhill.

If it’s such a problem there is always transferring departments or stores or you could just get another job. Or like somebody else said become a leader so can be the boss.

Excellent advice. Don’t jeopardize your job. You tried to help them, they rebuffed you, so if they are determined to fail, let them. That’s all you can do anyway. You can’t help someone who refuses to be helped. Just watch your back so they don’t roll the blame downhill.

Yep. You make suggestions or point out things you think can be issues with how they want to do things then you are ignored? Give them what they want. Let them fall flat on their face. Some would say that is cruel, it's not. These are not your kids even your kids need to fail once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back