Archived Nothing in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gotten to the point where the stress from work has me genuinely crying at times. Have us working on pulls until 8pm, in the middle of 4th quarter, and still expect me to get my stuff done by 12 and have reshosp clean? It's annoying and depressing. I work and try to do my best, but the stress and worrying gets in the way at times. It's sad, because I love my job at times, but it mostly depresses me now. This is more of a rant then anything.

Some leaders will give you more to do than you can accomplish so you don't pace yourself but work at a strenuous pace.

Some people work a lot harder and efficiently under pressure even though it can take a toll on your health and some leaders will try to push that button

Just do your best -- you're not paid enough to stress and if you're a non seasonal worker you don't have any job security to worry about.

Last edited:
Some leaders will give you more to do than you can accomplish so you don't pace yourself but work at a strenuous pace.

Some people work a lot harder and efficiently under pressure even though it's not good for your health so some leaders will try to push that button

Just do your best -- you're not paid enough to stress and if you're a non seasonal worker you don't have any job security to worry about.

I'm not seasonal. Been with target for over 3 years. Problem is, I care about my job, and even if they don't get on me about it, it still bothers me when I can't get it done.

Also, I have been on corrective before, so, I worry that it can happen again, even though I'm constantly told that the etls like me. Lol

Just because you don't stress about work doesn't mean you don't care about your job.

Your story reminds me of a softlines tm we used to have. Always worked her butt off but almost had a panic attack when lods asked if she finished her task and she didn't.

She ended up burning herself out and going back to school. Its great to push yourself but you have to find a balance in this gig.

Target is a marathon, not a race

I always tell my team to not stress, that’s my job, and then they get on me not to stress so much cause they feel like I’m at work 24/7. :rolleyes: They work hard enough already, they shouldn’t have to worry about things not getting done, especially if it’s something they couldn’t control. I have one team member who is the same way, they always care and are bummed that things aren’t finished, but I always remind them it’s okay, it’s bound to be busy for a while but it’s a cycle we’ll go through every year.

It’s great having team members who care about their job and enjoy working, and know what needs to be done, and leaders know that sometimes the store doesn’t feel like it got touched at all because of how crazy 4th is. They know what to expect guest traffic patterns throughout the day should be, and ultimately reaching the sales goal is going to mean the store will be shopped hard.

I was in the same position when I was thrown into market freight. There are days I casually waltz to the bathroom, plop myself on the floor and just weep for 5 minutes until I can gather my thoughts. Definitely communicate with your leaders even if you feel it’s too much to do on your own or you feel they don’t understand how much you have on your hands. Unless you are under development, don’t burden yourself too much, you try your best and do what you can. :3

I was in the same position when I was thrown into market freight. There are days I casually waltz to the bathroom, plop myself on the floor and just weep for 5 minutes until I can gather my thoughts. Definitely communicate with your leaders even if you feel it’s too much to do on your own or you feel they don’t understand how much you have on your hands. Unless you are under development, don’t burden yourself too much, you try your best and do what you can. :3

I've tried to let them know what's going on, but they come back at me with the idea that I'm using to many excuses. It's a lose lose.

You sound exactly like me lol, they will always say everything is going to be fine or on your ass

Is there anything else going on in your life that’s bringing you down? Not to sound cold, but crying over reshop and zones is kind of pathetic. If you can’t handle the stress of a part time retail position, how will you function in a real career?

Is there anything else going on in your life that’s bringing you down? Not to sound cold, but crying over reshop and zones is kind of pathetic. If you can’t handle the stress of a part time retail position, how will you function in a real career?

Well, there is a lot of stuff going on, but the fact is, I do suffer from depression and anxiety, and I don't take medication for it, I try to fight through it. The zone and rehops is jus added Into that.

Well, there is a lot of stuff going on, but the fact is, I do suffer from depression and anxiety, and I don't take medication for it, I try to fight through it. The zone and rehops is jus added Into that.

Fighting through it is noble as hell.
It is also a recipe for disaster if you actually need medication.

I give you major kudos for being strong enough to power through this.
However, nobody would ask someone who had their legs riddled with bullets to "walk it off" and you shouldn't force yourself to do the mental version of the same thing.

Talk to a licensed psychologist, maybe you don't need drugs but they might be able to help with a health regimen and if all else fails, drugs.
The priority in all this is taking care of your health.

Fighting through it is noble as hell.
It is also a recipe for disaster if you actually need medication.

I give you major kudos for being strong enough to power through this.
However, nobody would ask someone who had their legs riddled with bullets to "walk it off" and you shouldn't force yourself to do the mental version of the same thing.

Talk to a licensed psychologist, maybe you don't need drugs but they might be able to help with a health regimen and if all else fails, drugs.
The priority in all this is taking care of your health.

I do realize all this, but it is tough.

I do realize all this, but it is tough.

Yes, yes it is.
But, you have taken a major step right here by admitting the issue and that it needs to be addressed.

If it's money you are worried about, most cities have a publicly funded mental health clinic.
You can get help on a sliding scale and they will give you a prescription.
Sometimes getting in can take a while so call early and stick to your guns, don't get let down.

If it's the time or transportation, plan ahead.
Lay things out.
Schedule things out, request the time you will need and get it approved.

I know you can do this.
It took some serious pushing on my daughters part for me to admit that I wasn't just sad because my wife had died but that I was trapped in a major clinical depression (something I've been powering through all my life).
You deal with it the same way you eat an elephant.
One bite at a time.

Here is your cure, OP.

1) Drink two white russians.

qy8zGg2.gif

2) Vape if you can, or....

giphy.webp

And, I know...

83a4qbQ.gif

BNXKWKP.gif

Sometimes willpower fails spectacularly. Talk to a doctor and don't immediately turn down any offered treatment options. Every choice, even just muscling through it, has risk/benefits. And sometimes how you need to treat something changes.

Edit: If it's been a while since you've seen a doctor, definitely go. Sometimes what you think is depression is actually part of a much more severe mental illness. And sometimes what you think is depression is an illness affecting something other than the brain (like the thyroid).

How about being told that you can start your zone at 8( which is late for how it looks and how many reshops we have from returns ) then when I say that I may need help back in toys, I'm then told that I shouldn't be making excuses. What the hell? That's the type of shit that stresses me out.

How about being told that you can start your zone at 8( which is late for how it looks and how many reshops we have from returns ) then when I say that I may need help back in toys, I'm then told that I shouldn't be making excuses. What the hell? That's the type of shit that stresses me out.

Don't let it.
They are going to always ask more of you than is humanly possible.
That is the Spot way.
Don't stress it.
Just do the best you can.

That's shitty. I finished zoning toys, but I started before 6 and didn't have any reshop except what I found while zoning. Still took me until 9:30 with to finish all the zoning + dribs & drabs. Is the expectation that you will get the full department zoned, regardless of start time and other stuff like pulls/reshop? Tonight my ETL did expect that, but this is literally the first night that's happened--normally it's "how far did you get?" because we usually start zone so late due to pulls and it's slow with guests questions and guests actually shopping the aisles we're zoning, etc.

That's shitty. I finished zoning toys, but I started before 6 and didn't have any reshop except what I found while zoning. Still took me until 9:30 with to finish all the zoning + dribs & drabs. Is the expectation that you will get the full department zoned, regardless of start time and other stuff like pulls/reshop? Tonight my ETL did expect that, but this is literally the first night that's happened--normally it's "how far did you get?" because we usually start zone so late due to pulls and it's slow with guests questions and guests actually shopping the aisles we're zoning, etc.

Didn't start zone until 730 when I got back from lunch. Come 10, I'm only 18 aisles in, so people start to come back and help. We ended up leaving after 1130, which is b's, because had we started at a decent time, we wouldn't have been there an hour and a half after close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back