Archived Offered ETL position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offered ETL position but can't tell me which position and whether its day or night shift so I had to negotiate my salary blind. Any advice? I know LOGs and o/n get paid more. If I'm stuck in one of those positions is there a renegotiation period?

What is your experience? O/n is automatic 4k raise, you wont be able to renegotiate

^^^10 years Multi Unit Operations Manager for franchised restaurants.

I wouldnt take less than pg13 (75k+) you have the upper hand in negotiations. You would be able to renegotiate/promoted after 6 months of work if you felt you were lowballed

What is your experience? O/n is automatic 4k raise, you wont be able to renegotiate
For clarification, it's not a $4k raise, it's a $1k per quarter bonus...leave the ETL O/N position and the $4k goes with it...

Well I don't know what pay grade I'm at. That wasn't discussed but I got what I felt was fair. You are always a litte stengy afterwards thinking you could have gotten more. I think I probably could have but I didn't press the envelop because I didn't know what ETL position I was getting. Maybe I should have but it's too late now.
I've heard of up to 15% increases in salary for the first 2 years in the ETL position. Is there any truth to that?

Be careful following advice on here. Every community pays different. Etls start at 49,000 here so there's no way you'd get 75,000.
The biggest raise I ever got as an ETL was $2500. You can get bonuses too.

If that was your biggest raise you either didn't work there long or you never got a PG increase...

I'm starting out mid $60s plus bonus as a pg 11. I'm just trying to get my hands on some accurate pay increase info for an ETL. I've just heard several different things.

And bonus info. Right now I'm being given 3.5% of gross income.

And how do you accumulate time off. You get the initial 2 weeks but it says you can accumulate double that...how?

Last edited:
I'm starting out mid $60s plus bonus as a pg 11. I'm just trying to get my hands on some accurate pay increase info for an ETL. I've just heard several different things.

And how do you accumulate time off. You get the initial 2 weeks but it says you can accumulate double that...how?

You have to keep in mind that all of this is going to depend on what part of the country you are in, what level of store you are working in and how much kool-aid you drink.
Some of it is standard, the amount of time off you get is based on your hours etc.
But the bonus will depend entirely on how much blood you can squeeze out of the stone that is the workers and the store.
And forget any plans you have for a social life, unless you are going to work in one of the super stores where they have ETLs to burn, you are going to be putting in 50 to 60 hour weeks depending on the time of year (if you're logistics even more).

If you are starting at PG11, then you will have one more large increase available as an ETL (PG13) whenever they feel you are ready for that interview process. After that your next move would be STL or BP depending on the route they see you working.

I was an ETL for 10 years and I'm not talking about pay grade increases. I'm talking raises just for meeting sales/expenses/etc with my annual review. My reviews were always exceeding expectations or outstanding. Keep in mind "back then" starting pay was only 32,000 so percent raises would be smaller. P.s. I'm still with target. Been here 21 years.

If he's starting at 60,000, even a 5 percent raise would only get him 3000.

Well, you said "There is no way for an ETL to get to 75K"... which isn't correct. Your biggest merit increase will not compare to a PG increase.

It is possible to make (or even start at) $75k as an ETL with Spot...depending on where you are, position, etc.

Well if that's correct my next Increase to pg13 would put me over 77k plus bonus. I've thought about renegotiation since they wouldn't tell me what my position or pg was upfront so I had to negotiate blind. If I knew LOG up front I would have pushed for 70k. But then again I would be going back on my word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back