Offering 50 hours during Q4?

jgmtl

BullseyeConnoisseur
Anyone have any more information on the plans to allow team members to work up to 50 hours through the holidays? This is in order to reduce the amount of seasonal hires needed. Not sure if it’s a company wide option, but my district is doing it. Will this option be available to TLs as well?

We were asked to question every tm if they were willing to do overnights and/or overtime for November & December.
I assume if enough of the current tm’s are willing it would mean we could hire fewer seasonals.

Watch everyone say ‘“yes”in August, so we don’t hire, and then by the time we get to November they will have Changed their mind and nope out to the business needs For coverage and we end up short staffed !

Team, those of you complaining about low hours all year, listen up.
Staring in late October until late December, you will have a chance to work as much as possible. You will earn more money than you can imagine. I have heard of TMs living a comfortable retirement after pulling cheddar during these 3 months. While these TMs were largely at HQ and group level. YOU have the opportunity to at least break the cycle of living paycheck to paycheck.
Learn from squirrels, be the squirrels.

At my store I'm pretty sure your best route to that is SFS. SFS is always seriously behind during peak periods, despite having what seems like a zillion carts zooming around constantly. I'm fairly certain there were times my store was assigned more SFS than it was physically possible to complete, and we're an "enhanced" SFS store.

Wow so from late Oct to late Dec you can earn about $6600 gross working 10 hours of overtime per week for the eight week period.

Wow, this would be great. I can see my store shifting TMs around so the best pickers get moved to SFS and their DBO areas are taken over by other TMs for the quarter. Sort of like how POG TMs all moved over to Toys for 4th quarter back in the day. Seems like it'd be better than hiring so many seasonal TMs and spending all the time to train them. I'd jump all over those extra hours.

Back