Old Fillgroup Acronyms

Does anyone (looking at you legacy team members) recall what these acronyms stand for?

HIPA: Home Improvement P? A? (the P might be Plastics and the A might be Air Filters).
HBO: Health Beauty O? (we us HBA: Health Beauty Aids, but I know it's O and think it stands for Offerings).

Does anyone (looking at you legacy team members) recall what these acronyms stand for?

HIPA: Home Improvement P? A? (the P might be Plastics and the A might be Air Filters).
HBO: Health Beauty O? (we us HBA: Health Beauty Aids, but I know it's O and think it stands for Offerings).
I always thought it was hb01 and 02 as in numbers.

Last edited:
HIPA: Home Improvement, Plastics, Auto
HBO: Health, Beauty, Over the Counter
PHAR is Over the Counter.

I'm in agreement with @Ashfromoldsite about it was a zero and not the letter O. I forgot to include the numbers.
HB01 is Personal Care and HB02 is Hair and Skin Care. Both being Health and Beauty groupings.

I'm also in agreement with @60SecondsRemaining that the P is for Paint and possibly Automotive for A. Small Appliances is PLUG and vacuums fall into that fill group. Fans falls into Plastics now, I think.

Thanks for all the responses!

I'm in agreement with @Ashfromoldsite about it was a zero and not the letter O. I forgot to include the numbers.
HB01 is Personal Care and HB02 is Hair and Skin Care. Both being Health and Beauty groupings.

I'm also in agreement with @60SecondsRemaining that the P is for Paint and possibly Automotive for A. Small Appliances is PLUG and vacuums fall into that fill group. Fans falls into Plastics now, I think.

I bow before the 2 of you

Yeah PLUG was vacuums and small appliances. I still call the small appliance area of the backroom the plug wall mostly to fuck with newer TLs. "SeasonalDude, what's your location?" "Backroom. Plug wall." "Where's that?" Makes veterans chuckle everytime.

We used to have an entire aisle of paint next to auto. Most stores it was next to the command hooks, bunch of spraypaint and home paint. Most of that went away I think somewhere around the mid 2000s.

Ok, but paint would fall under Home Improvement which is already covered under HIPA. Paint is a specific type of item, not an entire category by itself.

Back