Archived Old veteran says bye-bye Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel though I am being forced out. Many long time veterans, some of them team leads, who did quit, felt the same way.

Very sad to hear. It sounds like spot is playing games with you, again.

Any luck on the job hunt with your degree?

Hang in there!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.
I hope you can find something better and move on well without them.

Very sad to hear. It sounds like spot is playing games with you, again.

Any luck on the job hunt with your degree?

Hang in there!

Yeah, I know they have been giving me hints. But when you're handed a voluntary termination form, it's probably time to say bye to Target.

I do want to see if I can quit with "good cause" because if so, I can collect unemployment insurance (I'm in California.)

With over 20 years of service if he is over a certain age (I believe it's 55) he should be eligible for retirement.

Target will continue paying you. Let me find the info on retirement when I go in later today.

With over 20 years of service if he is over a certain age (I believe it's 55) he should be eligible for retirement.

Target will continue paying you. Let me find the info on retirement when I go in later today.

I'm a few years under 55.

I do want to see if I can quit with "good cause" because if so, I can collect unemployment insurance (I'm in California.)
Hostile work environment should be a slam dunk if they handed you a voluntary term form...

I'm a few years under 55.
Here is the retirement deal:
From targetpayandbenefits.com info page.
Retiree Discount and Retirement Gift

1. You may be eligible for the Target retiree discount privilege, as well as a retirement gift, if you meet all of the following criteria:❏❏ Are at least 55 years old when you leave the company.

❏❏ Have 10 years of credited and continuous service, starting after your latest hire date. A year

of credited service is a calendar year in which you were paid for 1,000 or more hours. (If you were age 45 or older and an active team member on December 31, 2002, five years of credited and continuous service will qualify under the grandfathered rule. Note: If you left the company and were rehired January 1, 2003 or after, you need to meet the 10-year eligibility rules.)

If you are eligible for a retirement gift, you will receive information in the mail approximately two months after your retirement date.

I just submitted my resignation form. My time will end there in about a month.

Well it's a retirement gift. I have no idea what that gift actually is. I should have been more clear they don't give you a stipend

According to what I was able to locate- its a gift card. The amount is based on service time with Target. Makes you wonder how much 40 years with Target gets you?

According to what I was able to locate- its a gift card. The amount is based on service time with Target. Makes you wonder how much 40 years with Target gets you?
A long-timer who had 30 yrs in at our store got one for $500 but that was a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back