Archived Omni Team member

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
Has anybody else’s store implemented this? We just started today, but we are a pilot store, so that might be why.

The hours that we previously had for OPU (who was essentially just another service desk TM) are now going towards something called Omni.

Omni is a teammember that deals with all issues order pickup/flexes.
Omni team members pull all flexes, take out driveups, as well as answer all phone calls (the room of fitting room operator no longer includes the phones or closing announcements, this is done by the Omni team member).

So in other words, we have a service desk TM acting as OPU Pick, Fitting Room Operator, and Guest Services now.

Greatttttt. Anyone else?

You can't really say that they're doing fitting room, because they have other duties than pick up phones

Depending on how busy your store is when it comes down to flexes, it may not even be all that bad.

So essentially it's a Guest Services TM with a new shiny title, who will pick up the phones and pick flex orders from time to time

You can't really say that they're doing fitting room, because they have other duties than pick up phones

Depending on how busy your store is when it comes down to flexes, it may not even be all that bad.

So essentially it's a Guest Services TM with a new shiny title, who will pick up the phones and pick flex orders from time to time
I suppose I should have said ‘operator’. But really if you work at a busy store you know this will never work... we have a flex roughly every 5-10 minutes and the phone rings probablt every 5 minutes also. That’s a lot for one person.

I suppose I should have said ‘operator’. But really if you work at a busy store you know this will never work... we have a flex roughly every 5-10 minutes and the phone rings probablt every 5 minutes also. That’s a lot for one person.

Yep we kill it with OPU sometimes having two people pull them cause they just drop so fast and during 4th quarter we have had as many as five people at once pulling orders. There is no way in hell they can be in two places at once.. In a ULV this might work but high volume stores it is just BS.

What we have been doing is taking OPU Pickup hours and giving them to random SL TM's.

This describes our OPU people currently. With "jump on a checklane when needed and not on a pick" added in, as well.

How exactly are they going to meet the 120 second goal time for Drive-Up when they're up a ladder in the backroom picking for another order and the guest arrives?

They call out on the walkie "Can anyone get that drive up, I'm on a pick?" and someone does it. We usually get 8-10 minutes "guest is on the way" warning to find someone to run the order out. Usually GSA or GSTL can take it, but CA or sales floor can run them, too. It's not hard.

So, when GS is slammed, all of salesfloor is backing up, and SFS is too busy, guess they all just hit goal, then. Smart thinking, Spot!

Plus, if they don't have location turned on, there's no warning anyway.

So, when GS is slammed, all of salesfloor is backing up, and SFS is too busy, guess they all just hit goal, then. Smart thinking, Spot!

Plus, if they don't have location turned on, there's no warning anyway.
Lol, our service desk team is so busy they already have a tough time making it out for driveups, I can’t imagine throwing the phone and flexes on top of that... I can see how this would work in a ULV store but never in anything above like a B...

Yeah sure. Just dump more on guest service. We don't do anything anyway.

We've been getting tons of guest complaints lately about the service desk. Apparently we appear frustrated and uninterested in the guest, and we don't take the time to ensure the guest has a positive experience. It might be because we're being overloaded with tasking to the point that when we have a guest, we also have a flex to pull and a phone call to answer and a person waiting for a pickup and guests being sent over to check out because the whole store is on register and we still have lines. All while sorting the softlines reshop and trying to keep the desk clear after people constantly stop by to drop mystery items on the counter. Oh, also, don't forget the overflowing RFID bucket and the defective and repackage bins. Also, there's a guest at the photo kiosk who can't connect their phone because technology is foreign and strange to them and they've been waiting for my help for 10 minutes and starting to get pissed. Don't forget the registry alert too! Have to go pamper them and make sure that they're smiling and happy and feel special and valued!

Whats that? The GSTL walked out? So we're watching the lanes now? Oh ok cool. Anyway, yeah...your return....just give me one second while I leave you and the 12 people behind you to go outside and give the person parked in the fire lane their candy bar that they didn't have the time to come in and purchase.

Brian Cornell and the board can go fuck themselves, honestly.

We've been getting tons of guest complaints lately about the service desk. Apparently we appear frustrated and uninterested in the guest, and we don't take the time to ensure the guest has a positive experience. It might be because we're being overloaded with tasking to the point that when we have a guest, we also have a flex to pull and a phone call to answer and a person waiting for a pickup and guests being sent over to check out because the whole store is on register and we still have lines. All while sorting the softlines reshop and trying to keep the desk clear after people constantly stop by to drop mystery items on the counter. Oh, also, don't forget the overflowing RFID bucket and the defective and repackage bins. Also, there's a guest at the photo kiosk who can't connect their phone because technology is foreign and strange to them and they've been waiting for my help for 10 minutes and starting to get pissed. Don't forget the registry alert too! Have to go pamper them and make sure that they're smiling and happy and feel special and valued!

Whats that? The GSTL walked out? So we're watching the lanes now? Oh ok cool. Anyway, yeah...your return....just give me one second while I leave you and the 12 people behind you to go outside and give the person parked in the fire lane their candy bar that they didn't have the time to come in and purchase.

Exactly why I do not want to be trained over in GS.

the name sounds like a Silicon Valley startup that sells overpriced IoT widgets for a few months and then gets bought out by Google

Omni used to be a mega grocery store around here.

Brian Cornell and the board can go fuck themselves, honestly
If you’re a stockholder (including through the 401k), make sure to get your proxy vote in...

Probably won’t change anything but you never know.

Is my store still the only one with this position?
It’s been getting a lot worse recently, because we still only have one person scheduled a day, and it takes forever to get caught up in the morning (Omni TM normally walks into 70ish OPU and 40ish Driveup tasks depending on the day). They continue to drop as the morning goes on and we end up either missing goal time on all of them or SFS gets behind since they have to help us. During the day is even worse, I literally run around like fucking crazy and sometimes I don’t even get my breaks. Oh, on top of the phones, drive Ups, and flexes (at an A volume store, they literally never stop dropping), we now get to do all the STS packages too, since SFS is so busy. And then in between all that one of my LODs has the nerve to ask one the walkie ‘you think you can get those goal time approachings’? Like wtf... no. I asked for help 15 times already because there’s like 5 25+ item Drive Ups that all dropped at once. Smh. I can’t wait until Christmas is over. I literally go home and sleep for hours when I get home I’m so tired from running around literally all damn day. I’ve gotten 40k steps in a day. God I’m so sick of this stuff sometimes

I've asked for help when there are 2 TMs pulling flexes and got the response "there's only 14 in there, are you seeing something else?". Like, no, but me and the other TM (who has no sense of urgency) are both in batches and I'm trying to up our "on time" percent from where I walked in this afternoon at 20. If I say we need help, please believe me. A new order is dropping every couple of minutes.
OMNI seems pretty impossible at my store.

I've asked for help when there are 2 TMs pulling flexes and got the response "there's only 14 in there, are you seeing something else?". Like, no, but me and the other TM (who has no sense of urgency) are both in batches and I'm trying to up our "on time" percent from where I walked in this afternoon at 20. If I say we need help, please believe me. A new order is dropping every couple of minutes.
OMNI seems pretty impossible at my store.
I could see it as impossible even in a ULV store... yet we’re an A++ store. So ridiculous.

Are you one of my guest service tms? 😭❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back