Archived On hand Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone has been encountering or has encountered skewed or inaccurate on hands when researching items, I know that drastic count changes happen all the time for various reasons, but I was more talking about how 2 days ago all of our tvs had accurate onhands and verified backroom was locu'd so totals are accurate and now today when I scan our on hand is off by 1, we have 2 of TV A but system says we only have 1 when on Friday it said 2 and we had 2. How can something like this happen? I've also noticed how our truck DCI has been off, we will have our on hands bumped up by 2 for product B and those 2 eaches don't actually show up until the next trailer, is this a DC issue? Thanks for all the help and I do instocks as well as electronics so I know that count adjustments happen everyday, I'm more concerned with why our on hands are accurate one day and off by 1 the next or bumped up by 2 when none showed up, etc.

Thanks for all of the input and I absolutely love this site, I'll never join RED 360 no thanks!

Lots of things could be going on... I would say your first step is going to be looking at the Last Received date for those items under Item Search... That will tell you if it really is an issue with either the DCs not sending the right stuff on trailers or someone not acknowledging the trucks right! I highly doubt the DC could get away with not sending TVs on trailers though, unless your flow team leaders don't check the security check list?

Welcome! Last rec'd date is located on the instocks icon page. Access from item search, hit the door button in upper right corner. Unusual ounta can be caused by mispicks too. Sometimes displays are counted as part of inventory too.

Ok thanks for the input guys! I'll start doublechecking the security list and see if it is a DC issue. I was able to finally catch one of our execs last night and he told me that sometimes the DC scans items and then they don't always make it onto that trailer but are still scanned so we "technically" have them on hand and then they will show up on the next trailer but that usually electronics ites are a MUST and shouldn't be getting thrown onto the next trailer to our store. Appreciate the tips! Hardlinesmaster you have answered many a questions since I've found this website, your knowledge of Red is impressive!

Ok thanks for the input guys! I'll start doublechecking the security list and see if it is a DC issue. I was able to finally catch one of our execs last night and he told me that sometimes the DC scans items and then they don't always make it onto that trailer but are still scanned so we "technically" have them on hand and then they will show up on the next trailer but that usually electronics ites are a MUST and shouldn't be getting thrown onto the next trailer to our store. Appreciate the tips! Hardlinesmaster you have answered many a questions since I've found this website, your knowledge of Red is impressive!

The biggest thanks goes to formina sage & scram for having this forum for spot tm's.

Also, These links should help you to:
rf apps shortcuts:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/152
Instocks:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/102

This seems to be an issue with our DC a lot. Usually large items. If I ever had an issue with expensive items missing, I always checked the last received date and if it was within the last truck, I would use my best judgement and void the scan and follow up with my Logistics TL / ETL and ETL-AP.

I don't know much about instocks or how all that works...I just know our store looks empty and we can't seem to replenish fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back