Archived On schedule Jan 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitterBerries

Can you go to 4?
So am I to assume I'm hired on or do I have to wait for the first full week January schedule? I don't know how this works.. If they tell you or you're just on the schedule at a certain point lol :confused:

i dont think there's like a certain period of time where only seasonal's work (if that makes sense). if you're still on the schedule for the next couple of weeks it's a good sign and you were probably hired on

Our seasonals usually stay for the first week or two into January. It depends on the store.

I think our store does it to get through Christmas. Otherwise if they find out they won't be scheduled, they stop coming in, and we need them through Christmas. After that, we can absorb the NCNS/quit without notice a bit easier.

Yeah it's so crazy Now that I didn't wanna bother them with asking. Just saw on a few threads that if you're on the schedule in Jan you're probably hired. Just didn't know when in Jan :p thanks everyone

My store started letting team members know mid-December. I think it's because we're a high-volume store and they want to start cross-training ASAP. I'm just surprised the ones who aren't staying have decided to stay for the rest of the holiday season anyway (for the most part, but a few have left). You will know after the holiday rush if they haven't told you already.

As I recall (and could be wrong) Two years ago it seemed we kept our seasonals until the end of January. Last year I heard the axe started falling the week of Christmas.

Kick ass, take names, and don't worry about being promoted to Guest.

;)

I hope most of them at my store get fired. They aren't good... There are a few that are super good. But the majority of them just don't seem to care.
We have a JIT team member like that. They're a minor and call out on the walkie that they're done zoning when the zone is still trashed and say "Oh, I've been shopped!" Or they'll just leave their walkie at the fitting room so they can say "Sorry I didn't hear you calling for me!" They've even been overheard saying to another team member, "I don't care if they don't keep me around after the holidays. It's not like I need the money. I'm still in high school."

You can always tell the ones you won't be seeing, eventually.
You know I keep saying that, but at the same time I'm still seeing a lot of em.

Anyways, at my store they let most seasonal TMs know after Christmas if they could stay on or not. I personally never got talked to, I just kept showing up and I guess they liked that.

Last year I was told literally the day after Christmas that I was being kept on past seasonal. They usually call you into an office and hand you a letter.

In my store we told all the seasonal team members that were notnbeing kept last week. I don't think they plan on telling those they are keeping just gonna schedule them

Thanks everyone, I've never been a seasonal hire so I never knew how that worked

I started as a seasonal team member in November of 1996. So in February I asked when the season ended. They laughed at me and said that I would have already been let go if they weren't going to keep me. No one bothered to tell me and it was my first retail job, so I had no idea!

I feel like the first wave is getting cut the week of the 9th of Jan...there was a redwire or something I read.

I think a lot of stores like to wait and see who doesn't fly off the handle once hours get cut, as well as who can bring the most impact with limited hours.

They should let you know next week if they are keeping you or not, seasonals should start being let go in about two weeks, by mid January there shouldn't be any temps left.

Last edited:
I was never actually told until mid-way through February. I just kept getting scheduled and my TL eventually pulled me aside and was like "in case you couldn't tell, we'd like to keep you"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back