Archived Onboarding Issues

did you have the same or similar onboarding exposure.

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got hired and assigned a home store. I did orientation at another, two days of training at ANOTHER store and now I'm at my home store. I've been an employee for 29 days as of today.

I have yet to:
Register on eHR, submit tax forms (I don't understand the check box to withhold taxes), sign up for direct deposit, add emergency contacts, update my profile, meet team members or be introduced to managers, know anything about the communication boards, go over equipment, know how to correct punches, time off requests, shift swaps (I know we have branch now), nothing about AP except a quick view of the office once, anything having to do with the service desk, I did the cashier training but haven't cashiered (which is fine with me), sales floor (clean up stations, how to use the phones, backroom checks, basically nothing about the backroom, NO training on safety protocols (we had a tornado siren go off the other day and I had no idea what to do) and even just the store tour. Oh, and I haven't finished the computer training.

Also, during my interview, I explained I'm hearing impaired and felt comfortable discussing health issues with my department manager. I am unable to use the walkies, so I have no way to communicate with anyone and have done nothing to figure out an accommodation for me, I finally got the sheet for my doctor just a few days ago. I'm basically completely isolated, but I've had about six guest comment cards that were positive and I've done awesome with customers.

I'm so stressed and disheartened. We don't even have an HR member on staff. Honestly, I love the customers and some of the staff I have met are awesome. But I feel like I'm being set up for failure or that they're going to fire me. I'm scared and stressed so much. Legit, no lie, half o my eyelashes on the top right lid have fallen out from stress. I offer ad have stayed late to help, but no one says aything and I'm not getting the help I need.

Is this normal?

I've asked just about everyone in charge, other coworkers, the orientation store's HR (she was my first point of contact), my store manager, and a floating HR person. I cannot seem to get any help.

Sit down in front of computer. Look for ehr icon. Setup your login & password for ehr. Look for the options of taxes, direct deposit, etc. you can call TMSC too.

Half assed training is pretty much SOP for Spot.
In your case there is an extra layer of awful.
Not having a HR staff lerper makes it even worse.
These days with the ADA you can't expect the company to make any moves for accommodations without pressure.
Having a list of requests would help.
They make ear pieces that attach to the walkies that are often used by AP, which might work for you.
They are a responsible request.
As to training, just keep bugging them and asking questions.

Half assed training is pretty much SOP for Spot.
In your case there is an extra layer of awful.
Not having a HR staff lerper makes it even worse.
These days with the ADA you can't expect the company to make any moves for accommodations without pressure.
Having a list of requests would help.
They make ear pieces that attach to the walkies that are often used by AP, which might work for you.
They are a responsible request.
As to training, just keep bugging them and asking questions.

Thanks for the advice. I figured being a month in and the amounts of compliments I received, they have to realize the job matters to me or I wouldn't waste my time trying to learn more. It doesn't help our store is a mess, it's like no explained the reasons/benefits of facing. My department manager (ETL?) is awesome and he understands what I deal with. I'm able to actually talk to him and I'm always willing to help him out because "we don't have money in the budget for extra hours" but we're hiring all these new people. I'm trying to get into an ENT, obviously hearing aids are expesnsive and I can't afford around $600 per ear. My ETL and I swapped phone numbers so I could just text him when I was breaking or doing things and could send pictures with questions. I asked AP for the headsets since I used to work loss prevention elsewhere and armed security I know there different than regular headphones (which is what AP told me to use because they didn't have ear pieces?). Since so many people have their walkies full volumn and same channel, the frequency physically hurts my ears, I had to wear ear plugs one day and put a post it note on my name tag because they wouldn't allow me to wear a lanyard I made on a design program with the HoH logo, stating I'm hearing impaired, and how to speak to me for the best communication, I also carry and pen and paper. It's like no one even knows who I am or cares. I basically show up, ask what they want done because I have no idea what the routine is, and do whatever they tell me. Though I cannot seem to finish zoning A block on my own since it's so huge and so screwed up. I missed a day and I asked if I could make it up by coming in on a day off and literally just fixing shelves (which needs done so badly) but I guess not.

I'm so stressed out and bummed. I guess I may just have to consider something else?

Sit down in front of computer. Look for ehr icon. Setup your login & password for ehr. Look for the options of taxes, direct deposit, etc. you can call TMSC too.

I have to go in on my own time, which how they've been scheduling me hasn't given me a chance yet. They don't allow me to do it on my shift and I was told I had to be clocked in for computer training. I tried doing the eHR at home but it keeps kicking me out. Do you know if it requires a certain browser?

OP what position were you hired for? You've named at least 3 different work centers. Next time you're in, print the training plain for your position and talk to your TLs and ETL about things you still need to go over. Focus on your workcenter and don't worry about cross training in other areas yet. If you're not cashier, I wouldn't stress too much about the training there. Just make sure you know how to do WIC, which IDs are acceptable, and how to take the card reader off to make it ADA accessible.

As for the walkie, there are walkies made for people with hearing impairments that your GE can order. They look very similar to the AP walkies, although they don't go past channel 4. You GE will also need to order special earpieces that go with them. I haven't been able to get my hands on them but what i've read from the product description, the earpiece plugs directly into the walkie and the other end rests on the bone right behind your ear. Transmits audio via vibrations.

Edit: If regular headphones work fine for you then just ask your GE to order more earpieces from SAP. It's a simple enough request and pretty inexpensive. I always order a bunch for the store. I'd much rather every TM use one so that our guests don't have to hear everything that comes over the walkie.

OP what position were you hired for? You've named at least 3 different work centers. Next time you're in, print the training plain for your position and talk to your TLs and ETL about things you still need to go over. Focus on your workcenter and don't worry about cross training in other areas yet. If you're not cashier, I wouldn't stress too much about the training there. Just make sure you know how to do WIC, which IDs are acceptable, and how to take the card reader off to make it ADA accessible.

As for the walkie, there are walkies made for people with hearing impairments that your GE can order. They look very similar to the AP walkies, although they don't go past channel 4. You GE will also need to order special earpieces that go with them. I haven't been able to get my hands on them but what i've read from the product description, the earpiece plugs directly into the walkie and the other end rests on the bone right behind your ear. Transmits audio via vibrations.

I was hired for beauty. Which they haven't made me cashier or anything. I have my training plan, the beauty trainer even highlighted what I needed to get done. I'm just not given time to do it and they say I have to be clocked in but I can't come in early or stay late? So not sure when they want it done. Literally everyone in management including the store manager knows what I need, what questions I've asked, I even wrote them down for them, I'm just not getting any answers. I know WIC, SNAP, ID's, and whatnot, I worked for Walgreen's for eight years. Not sure how to remove the card reader but I'm sure I can figure it out.

I'll have to ask her about that walkie, she looked at what she could order and said all she could find was a vibrating pager. It only vibrates for emergencies, like fire alarms and such. I just want to feel like part of the team like it seems like everyone else is. But I feel like I'm confined to my area and no one comes over to talk to me or check on me. It took me getting passing out to finally be told where to find a step stool (I have a heart problem, which they know about. I told them I need the stool, holding my arms up higher than my face when zoning fucks with my blood pressure and causing me to pass out. Which happened, I even asked for a stool three times that same night, even right before it happened and the LOD just walked off to do her job. Once I told her I passed out and hit a shelf, another employee overheard me asking about step stools and got one for me and told me where to find them) It's so fucked.

I struggle with mental illness too and it's fucking with me bad. It doesn't seem like other stores have this issue, perhaps I should ask to transfer?

Cashier would give you a stool. Please talk to your upper mgt without delay. They can help you. You may be trained for cash office or ad setup.

Ummm I would definitely talk to HR or even call the team member services hotline about that stepstool thing and passing out. That is super fucked up and not okay. You deserve basic consideration for a health issue you made them aware of prior to starting.

Also, I don't know what @Hardlinesmaster meant about not being able to transfer. People transfer to different Target stores all the time...you just have to go through HR. Maybe because you're new? But still, the store I trained at tried to get me to transfer and stay at theirs before I even officially started at my home store, so I don't think it's impossible.

Ummm I would definitely talk to HR or even call the team member services hotline about that stepstool thing and passing out. That is super fucked up and not okay. You deserve basic consideration for a health issue you made them aware of prior to starting.

Also, I don't know what @Hardlinesmaster meant about not being able to transfer. People transfer to different Target stores all the time...you just have to go through HR. Maybe because you're new? But still, the store I trained at tried to get me to transfer and stay at theirs before I even officially started at my home store, so I don't think it's impossible.
Under 90 days or on corrective action, you are not able to transfer. At least, at my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back