Archived one sale with two different Debit cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had two Guest who wanted each pay a part of the bill with their ind debit card... how is this handled?

I think you would just type in the amount Guest #1 wants to pay with their debit card, hit K8(?) for debit, and then after that is processed Guest #2 would pay the rest with their debit card. I've had a lot of people pay with multiple cards and this always works for me.

Last edited:
There should be an option on the POS called Credit and I believe it's K3. You enter in the specific amount the first card is going to pay and hit K8(I believe, or total, whatever option leads you to believe you can continue the transaction.)

then after that, the next card just has to swipe his or her card to finish the transaction.

Ohhh this brings back some great memories of the befuddled looks on guest's faces when questioned: 'do you want it all on this card?' No, guest, it's not that difficult to understand, nor do I really want to have a conversation with you about it, move along!

I had a guest that wanted to pay with two cards, but he never actually gave me an amount of how much he wanted on each card; just held them out to me and said "Little bit on this card, little bit on this card." Like somehow I might magically know how much he wanted on each card...

Ohhh this brings back some great memories of the befuddled looks on guest's faces when questioned: 'do you want it all on this card?' No, guest, it's not that difficult to understand, nor do I really want to have a conversation with you about it, move along!
Well, to be fair, it was a befuddlement for guests buying a coffee in Starbucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back