Archived online coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.
my boyfriend sent this to me, but is it legit?

Attachments

• IMG_20180715_224929_01.jpg
    IMG_20180715_224929_01.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 150
I am thinking the same thing where on earth does target advertise that!.. I will show this to ap to see if this is a fraud or not!

Probably just test coupon codes that they use as placeholders/debugging for Target.com. Bet any orders placed with them will get cancelled, especially the ones who are abusing/stacking multiple of them.

Probably just test coupon codes that they use as placeholders/debugging for Target.com. Bet any orders placed with them will get cancelled, especially the ones who are abusing/stacking multiple of them.
apparently some people on the west coast w/ Targets still open for the night used the coupons for order pickups and already walked away with the items (i.e. Nintendo Switch) in hand which is pretty ballsy if true

apparently some people on the west coast w/ Targets still open for the night used the coupons for order pickups and already walked away with the items (i.e. Nintendo Switch) in hand which is pretty ballsy if true

oh that's fucked. why is Target.com literally incompetent at EVERYTHING?

I just really hope I don't deal with people trying to use these coupons in store tomorrow... I'm sure Target will try to fix whatever happened by then, but I wouldn't be surprised to see random couponers still trying to use it on their phone

I just really hope I don't deal with people trying to use these coupons in store tomorrow... I'm sure Target will try to fix whatever happened by then, but I wouldn't be surprised to see random couponers still trying to use it on their phone

“I’m sorry, but we’re unable to price match to Target.com coupons.” Given the amount of money, your GSTL/LOD should be more than willing to back you up.

Reactions: Dog
“I’m sorry, but we’re unable to price match to Target.com coupons.” Given the amount of money, your GSTL/LOD should be more than willing to back you up.
Yeah these weird coupons actually do say “in store or online” and have an option to bring up a barcode to scan in store but you’re right I’m sure any GSTL would probably see that it’s some sort of exploit and not accept it :p

I dont cashier often can someone explain what makes it a fake coupon? I mean if it was $50 off a shopping trip I can see that but this looks legit at first glance?

There’s a category coupon that got sent out this month with their monthly coupons but it’s $10 off $50 not $20. I’ve already had teachers try and stack them but target limits on category coupon per transaction

The 15% Coupon, apparently was stackable. Some people managed to stack 6-7 of them, and than combined them with yet another $20 off Coupon, making the entire store almost 70% off with a RedCard. For whatever reason, Corporate has not canceled all the orders. Losses have got to be huge, like probably over $10million at this point.

Last edited:
The 15% Coupon, apparently was stackable. Some people managed to stack 6-7 of them, and than combined them with yet another $20 off Coupon, making the entire store almost 70% with a RedCard. For whatever reason, Corporate has not canceled all the orders. Losses have got to be huge, like probably over $10million at this point.
I honesty don’t think it’s THAT bad. The “deal” was axed before most people woke up, and most ship to homes were cancelled.

I honesty don’t think it’s THAT bad. The “deal” was axed before most people woke up, and most ship to homes were cancelled.
Trust me, it's Bad. I was in a store this morning, and watched as Dysons, Roomba's, Nintendo Switches, and TV's walked out the door. Huge line of at-least 12 people, trying to pickup. I spoke with the LOD and they probably had about $60k in online orders, that three TM's were trying to pick. He said his hands were tied, as nothing had been sent out and the orders were technically valid. I wish I still worked in AP, as I would try to shut it down.

Trust me... it's not just his store. These losses are huge, and are being compounded across the county. I'd bet we've lost at-least $5 million, if not $10million already.

There was a thread on a subreddit that I follow that had about five 15% coupon codes, with the $20 off $50 deal. I bought $90 worth of cute underwear and sad records for $30.

Yep before we knew about the issue, a dude walked out with BOGO iPads purchased online with store pickup. Major red flags so I alerted AP.

Trust me, it's Bad. I was in a store this morning, and watched as Dysons, Roomba's, Nintendo Switches, and TV's walked out the door. Huge line of at-least 12 people, trying to pickup. I spoke with the LOD and they probably had about $60k in online orders, that three TM's were trying to pick. He said his hands were tied, as nothing had been sent out and the orders were technically valid. I wish I still worked in AP, as I would try to shut it down.

Trust me... it's not just his store. These losses are huge, and are being compounded across the county. I'd bet we've lost at-least $5 million, if not $10million already.
Do keep in mind though the orders aren’t PURE loss. Sure 70% off but that’s not a 100% loss. It was according to tmaps post for 4 hours overnight.

Do keep in mind though the orders aren’t PURE loss. Sure 70% off but that’s not a 100% loss. It was according to tmaps post for 4 hours overnight.

The margins on electronics though are extra slim. None of this stuff came anywhere near to what the wholesale price was for the items. Especially, when it comes to Electronics. Margins are even more slim on though on Gaming Consoles. We might make $20 on a $300 Console if we are lucky. I can't even imagine how much money has been lost today. And Corporate still is not doing a huge round of cancelations.

i can't even imagine being the team that leaked these out. such a huge fuck up. im on a lot of forums and subreddits that post deals and stuff and all morning i saw screenshots of people spending thousands of dollars and saving almost as much! biggest purchase i saw was almost $3k and the savings was almost a 1/3 of that.

im almost as pissed about the fact that i didn't find out sooner actually!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back